By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Still Think Wii U Can Do 25 million??

DerNebel said:
DarkD said:
I might have thought it was possible before Mario Kart came out and we had that amazing Nintendo dominated E3, but now I don't think 20-40 million is that far-fetched anymore.

1) As others have pointed out, the PS3 and 360 also started slow.
2) PS4 and One are both going to be stuck in multiplatform hell, and exclusives are going to be far between. PS4's big games this year afterall is a remaster of a game that came out a year ago.... If this becomes a pattern, I think people's opinions of the console will drop sharply.
3) Nintendo's downsides are pretty much overhyped... When people give it an honest chance, they have pretty much universally given it praise. I think as the gen goes on, we're going to see Nintendo cleaning up a lot of these misconceptions and that will naturally increase sales.

Regarding the second point: How is getting almost every multiplat game out there hell? And do you realize that the crushing majority of PS and Xbox consoles are bought for multiplats? The exclusives are just the sprinkles on the cake for most and looking at 2015 it seem that at least the PS4 (the X1 probably as well) is going to have more then enough sprinkles.
Also regarding 3: That the Wii U is almost exclusively a Nintendo game machine (meaning there are hardly any non-Nintendo games) is not a misconception, so if you don't care for Nintendo then you won't care for the Wii U. And to change that up they'd need third parties.

It's hell because there's nothing unique about the console.  It's an exact mirror of the Xbox One.  If someone has one, there is no reason at all to get the other except if they want one of the half a dozen odd exclusives which they may or may not like.  

Once again, that point is overhyped...  Wii U while not comparable to Microsoft and Sony has a pretty good number of third party games which are exclusive to the Wii U.  Not to mention those games are pretty damn decent.  Yes it's a weak point, but not nearly to the point that it's been made out to be.  

yes those are opinionated thoughts, but so is the author who made a thread like this in the first place.  If you don't wanna hear it then don't put up a thread like this.  

Around the Network
DarkD said:
DerNebel said:

Regarding the second point: How is getting almost every multiplat game out there hell? And do you realize that the crushing majority of PS and Xbox consoles are bought for multiplats? The exclusives are just the sprinkles on the cake for most and looking at 2015 it seem that at least the PS4 (the X1 probably as well) is going to have more then enough sprinkles.
Also regarding 3: That the Wii U is almost exclusively a Nintendo game machine (meaning there are hardly any non-Nintendo games) is not a misconception, so if you don't care for Nintendo then you won't care for the Wii U. And to change that up they'd need third parties.

It's hell because there's nothing unique about the console.  It's an exact mirror of the Xbox One.  If someone has one, there is no reason at all to get the other except if they want one of the half a dozen odd exclusives which they may or may not like.  

Once again, that point is overhyped...  Wii U while not comparable to Microsoft and Sony has a pretty good number of third party games which are exclusive to the Wii U.  Not to mention those games are pretty damn decent.  Yes it's a weak point, but not nearly to the point that it's been made out to be.  

yes those are opinionated thoughts, but so is the author who made a thread like this in the first place.  If you don't wanna hear it then don't put up a thread like this.  

Just so I get this

PS4/X1: No point in getting both because they share multiplats and you would only get both if you want the exclusives

Wii U: Makes total sense to get one with a PS4/X1 because you don't have the multiplats on the Wii U and would thus only get it for its exclusives...?

I hope you realize how ridiculous that argument is, unless you're seriously going to try and tell me that the Wii U is going to have such an substantially larger amount of exclusives than the competition (don't bet on it) that it makes much more sense for a PS4 owner to get a Wii U as a second system instead of an X1.

I think wiiu has the potential to do 40mil or more. Common it has some great franchises

DerNebel said:

Just so I get this

PS4/X1: No point in getting both because they share multiplats and you would only get both if you want the exclusives

Wii U: Makes total sense to get one with a PS4/X1 because you don't have the multiplats on the Wii U and would thus only get it for its exclusives...?

I hope you realize how ridiculous that argument is, unless you're seriously going to try and tell me that the Wii U is going to have such an substantially larger amount of exclusives than the competition (don't bet on it) that it makes much more sense for a PS4 owner to get a Wii U as a second system instead of an X1.

It already does have a substantially larger amount of true exclusives.  

Anyways, my argument that the Wii U is worth getting is mainly that the games you play on the system are dramatically different than what you play on either of the other systems which both specialize in FPS games...  Even on the PS4, the amount of games that aren't shooters/sports games are dwindling (especially with the loss of the Japanese market).

I think that it wowed enough at this year's E3, and that that feat combined with the addition of Devil's Third to its library in addition to Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Xenoblades means that it's going to become the home of some true cult classics ( probably many more than Wii ), so I say it will hit the 25 to 30 million mark with relative ease and possibly as high as 40 to 50 million if Nintendo doesn't decide to kill it a little early.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
daredevil.shark said:
Wii U will struggle to cross 15 million mark.

See you in 2/3 years, buddy!

Didn't wanted to bump but I couldn't resist because of the writing on my wall. I was right all along. Lol.

Woah, this necrobumping!

An interesting thread to read again, nonetheless.

Oh this is just absolutely perfect! hahaha

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Imo in 2014 it was already clear that the wii u wouldn't do better, some crazy high predictions in that period

Fun to read

ArchangelMadzz said:
Oh this is just absolutely perfect! hahaha

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

And there were few clocks more broken than Toastboy hahaha

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.