By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You predict again 15 million of Wii U lifetime? O_O

Soundwave said:

Wii U is still trending very far below the GCN even for this year with the Mario Kart 8 bump

GCN (2003): 721k YTD (through June NPD)

Wii U (2014): 448k YTD (through June NPD)

Lets not get too carried away here. It's also still firmly no.3 in the June NPD even with MK8.

I think leaving the GamePad in the box has been a mistake, even after E3 after being shown Miyamoto's GamePad concepts, it seems pretty clear to me that Nintendo really doesn't have many good ideas for the concept, even when they're trying to force it. 

And Splatoon it seems to me would work probably even better with the Wiimote + nunchaku. 

I dunno. I think dropping the GamePad, but retaining a cheap NFC reader for Amiibo probably would've been the better way to go. 

I agree, in fact Gamecube got MK Double Dash later in it's lifecycle. It was released in the fall of 2003.

In just as many Gamecube's were shipped in the last quarter of 2003 as Wii-U's Nintendo is expecting to ship this entire fiscal year.

By the end of the year Wii-U will probably be 4 million behind the Gamecube.

After that the gap increasing another 2 million is actually very likely.

Meaning 15 million is good prediction.

Around the Network

prediction still stands at 17-20 million. Nintendo already has a good lineup, and there aren't many games outside of Smash or potentially Zelda that will move units.

DialgaMarine said:
LipeJJ said:
DialgaMarine said:
LipeJJ said:
It'll pass 30M, I'm sure. Amiibo and Smash will make a huge impact. Plus, Wii U-2015 easily has the best line up.

Would you mind filling me in? Besides Zelda, what other AAA titles are coming to Wii-U in 2015? This is just my opinion, but Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 already give PS4 the edge in 2015, and that's not even including The Order, and all the other potential titles releasing for the console in 2015.

Bloodborne is a niche game like Xenoblade Chronicles X will be. Plus, Wii U will have Splatoon, a multiplayer focused shooter made by one of their best teams, that can be big. Like you said, The Order won't be any big, just think of how much hype infamous SS had and how that turned out to sell (1.4M currently). And this kind of game that sells 1-2M the Wii U will be filled with next year: Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade, Kirby,  Mario Maker, Some amiibo games, etc.

And there's still Zelda.

The Order won't be as big as Uncharted 4, but it should easily outsell anything you listed. Splatoon, I really can't see as a big multi-million seller. I'm surprised anyone is hyping Yoshi. Xenoblade, I feel Nintendo announced waaaay too early, and now it seems to have lost a lot of hype. Amiibo seems to be trying to steal the Skylanders/ Disney Infinity audience which, unless it's somehow that awesome, it'll fail at that goal miserably.

I see what you're saying with Nintendo having a strong 2015 lineup, but it's probably nothing that will change the Wii-U's fate.

I dont think Amiibo is trying to steal from Skylanders/Disney Infinity, more likely trying to compliment them. The majority of sales for these games are still on Wii/360, Amiibo can potentially attract those gamers to upgrade to Wii U instead of PS4/One.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
LipeJJ said:
DialgaMarine said:
LipeJJ said:
It'll pass 30M, I'm sure. Amiibo and Smash will make a huge impact. Plus, Wii U-2015 easily has the best line up.

Would you mind filling me in? Besides Zelda, what other AAA titles are coming to Wii-U in 2015? This is just my opinion, but Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 already give PS4 the edge in 2015, and that's not even including The Order, and all the other potential titles releasing for the console in 2015.

Bloodborne is a niche game like Xenoblade Chronicles X will be. Plus, Wii U will have Splatoon, a multiplayer focused shooter made by one of their best teams, that can be big. Like you said, The Order won't be any big, just think of how much hype infamous SS had and how that turned out to sell (1.4M currently). And this kind of game that sells 1-2M the Wii U will be filled with next year: Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade, Kirby,  Mario Maker, Some amiibo games, etc.

And there's still Zelda.

The Order won't be as big as Uncharted 4, but it should easily outsell anything you listed. Splatoon, I really can't see as a big multi-million seller. I'm surprised anyone is hyping Yoshi. Xenoblade, I feel Nintendo announced waaaay too early, and now it seems to have lost a lot of hype. Amiibo seems to be trying to steal the Skylanders/ Disney Infinity audience which, unless it's somehow that awesome, it'll fail at that goal miserably.

I see what you're saying with Nintendo having a strong 2015 lineup, but it's probably nothing that will change the Wii-U's fate.

I dont think Amiibo is trying to steal from Skylanders/Disney Infinity, more likely trying to compliment them. The majority of sales for these games are still on Wii/360, Amiibo can potentially attract those gamers to upgrade to Wii U instead of PS4/One.

Maybe, but there were never a lot of those people to begin with, and they're few and far between now. But let's not forget Skylanders (and probably Disney Infinity) is making it's way to PS4/ One, and given the very positive media the PS4 has recieved, those people will probably ending just buying a PS4 with the new Skylanders if they actually decide to upgrade.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

drake_tolu said:

I never predict this... and if you have predict 15 million of Wii U, still creed in this prediction?

30,000,000- 40,000,000 million for me :P

hope 4 majora remake :D

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
20-25million, said that in the beginning and still stand by that.

That's unrealistic to me.  You're entitled to your opinion and that's fine.  Nintendo will sell 75-80 million consoles this generation, but then you will say that's unrealistic.  I'm on a roll so far predicting the Wii U is moving on up.  Here is another prediction, the holidays is Nintendo(s).

DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
LipeJJ said:
DialgaMarine said:
LipeJJ said:

And there's still Zelda.

Maybe, but there were never a lot of those people to begin with, and they're few and far between now. But let's not forget Skylanders (and probably Disney Infinity) is making it's way to PS4/ One, and given the very positive media the PS4 has recieved, those people will probably ending just buying a PS4 with the new Skylanders if they actually decide to upgrade.

Not a lot? Last year Skylanders+Disney Infinity sold about 7.5 million and with smart toys on the rise that number could grow in the next few years.

Ya ur right PS4 might become the console of choice for those games but thats not the point, the point is that Nintendo isnt trying to beat those games with Amiibo but rather its an attempt to make Wii U the platform of choice for those games. The strategy may or may not work but I firmly believe they arent trying to steal sales from Activision/EA.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DerNebel said:
LipeJJ said:
DialgaMarine said:
LipeJJ said:

And there's still Zelda.

So basically what you're saying is all of Sonys games aside from UC won't be big but Splatoon might be because, shooter? And you're just ignoring all the third party games coming to PS4 but not Wii U like the Witcher, Batman and maybe the Division? That is even ignoring unannounced games on PS4 like the GG or MM new IP of which I'm honestly pretty sure that at least one will see the light of day in 2015.

What I'm trying to say is that the Wii U has by no stretch of the imagination easily the best lineup of 2015.

No, I expressed myself badly, what I meant to say it that Wii U has easily the best exclusive line up of 2015. I'm not counting third party games that can be played on other consoles (and most cases, on PC for cheaper). Wii U has the bigger number of exclusives, as well as the bigger number of AAA exclusives for 2015. It's not and opinion, it's a fact.

If you don't like them, or something, it's another story. And please, don't include unannounced games because everyone have them.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I still think at least 30mill.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

It wouldend up at 15 million if it wasn't for it's current high price. That leaves some room for price cuts, but i expect it's price to remain high. That will hurt it's sales potential.

Wii-U could very well end up still being $199 at the end of it's lifecycle, with a pricecut to $149 to remove remaining stock.