By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted The Movie Production Starts Early Next Year

KLXVER said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
I really hope this isnt another resident evil situation(those bombed hard)

Actually the first ones were quite successful...

then they started to tank :P

no advertsising at all in US

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

All RE movies were successfull..
the last one:

Budget $65 million
Box office $240,159,255

OfficerRaichu15 said:

Bombed how exactly? Cause certainly not commercially.

Ot. First announced when? Like 2010-2011, took their time with pre production

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

OfficerRaichu15 said:

I actually enjoyed them. Will never forget the laser room. I thought the guy actually survived then a piece of his head slid off and then his whole body collapsed.

When The Last Of Us Movie begin it's production I want Dylan McDermott to be Joel he's so HOT and looks exactly like Joel!

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network

This movie better not suck ass like most game tie-in movies in existence!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Raziel123 said:
All RE movies were successfull..
the last one:

Budget $65 million
Box office $240,159,255

Yep they all made good profits, despite being mediocre at best, because the producers didn't stupidly throw buckets of money at them so they didn't have to break box office records to turn a profit. 

Unfortunately I'm not confident that wisdom will be used for a UC movie. It's more like to go the prince of Persia route, which despite getting what looks like a good boxoffice gross will have needed to cross fingers for good DVD sales and broadcast TV deals to break even. Which is why we've had several RE sequels, but no sign of a PoP sequel. 

Video game adaptations normally such balls because either the story is not an adaptation of the game's story and it is poorly written because the writer employed for the movie isn't very good. Or they try to adapt the story in a game and virtually all goes have poor stories from a movie perspective. Or the story in the game is so  satisfying  when tied into the gameplay that any movie simply wouldn't compare well to the total package ofbthe game. Video game adaptations have all sorts of difficulties that other source material doesn't have.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix