By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Xbox One performance distance is closing!

Tagged games:

If you say it enough times, you'll believe it!

Around the Network

Sony has the Ice team. The sauce has yet to be revealed.

I want my secret sauce! Give it to me now!

Wagram said:
Sony has the Ice team. The sauce has yet to be revealed.

cold sauce? PS4 downgrade confirmed!

It might help close the gap in performance, but that doesn't mean when it comes to exclusives that it will help a thing.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Why anyone expects major differences between multi-plat titles is beyond me. Numerous devs have already indicated they care more about parity, than having to deal with explaining to Microsoft (or Sony) and their fanbase, why their experience is perceptibly lesser than another platform. That's just to be expected nowadays.

Unfortunately, the only titles that WILL show what both machines are truly capable of, will be the exclusives. Those devs don't have to worry about the politics of major hardware manufacturers and their fans. It's very likely we'll see IP from both camps that do some great things...but, given the hardware disparity, the ceiling for Sony's machine will be noticeably higher.

It's unfortunate in some regards, but this sums things up pretty much perfectly.

^that's not entirely true as there'll be a couple of differences regardless. Wolfenstein used (albeit rarely) dynamic resolutions (below native 1080p) in some scenes on the XB1. And sniper elite 3's biggest issue on xb1 is not just it's lower framerate, it's the horrendous screen tearing. a slight bump in performance won't change the latter.

And screen tearing isn't down to the hardware.

Besides, the phony console war is so tedious. No Xbox owner cares about any 0.00001% difference in performance, in fact only nerds on threads like this care.

People care about:

Price

Brand

Which exclusive games they like

Social circle..................................................... long before they care about any miniscule performacnce difference.

In fact, I got my Xbox One to control my TV with my voice, as that is what I wanted. And I love it. I don't hate the PS4, I don't hop into PS4 threads and pour scorn on Sony like when they lost all people personal details.  I hope Wii and PS stay alive and well as competition is good for consumers. What I don't get is consumers sniping at each other in forums calling each other names. But yer yer I know its the Internet, haters gonna hate etc. 

kivik said:

And screen tearing isn't down to the hardware.

Besides, the phony console war is so tedious. No Xbox owner cares about any 0.00001% difference in performance, in fact only nerds on threads like this care.

People care about:

Price

Brand

Which exclusive games they like

Social circle..................................................... long before they care about any miniscule performacnce difference.

In fact, I got my Xbox One to control my TV with my voice, as that is what I wanted. And I love it. I don't hate the PS4, I don't hop into PS4 threads and pour scorn on Sony like when they lost all people personal details.  I hope Wii and PS stay alive and well as competition is good for consumers. What I don't get is consumers sniping at each other in forums calling each other names. But yer yer I know its the Internet, haters gonna hate etc. 

Yet you created an account to defend the perormance diff and managed to insult anyone who dosent agree with you?

To late, the perception is already on the customers.