By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holiday Sales Predictions!

DerNebel said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Raziel123 said:
toastboy44562 said:

You both are forgetting the only massive selling game the Wii U has is smash bros this holiday. Call of duty, the master chief collection, and destiny will each outsell it on xbox one. not to mention xbox one has things like assassins creed unity, sunset overdrive, a price cut, releases in more regions, dance evolution, etc

Smash bros, hyrule warriors and bayo 2. Bayo won't move many units but neither will sunset. and destiny -> ps4, not xb1

ummmm, Destiny is on Xbox One.

Yeah but the hype and more importantly the marketing is on the PS4. Destiny will move X1s as well, but nowhere close to what it will do for PS4.

calling it similar situation like watch dogs for xbox one :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah but the hype and more importantly the marketing is on the PS4. Destiny will move X1s as well, but nowhere close to what it will do for PS4.

It's pretty much the same situation, with the difference that the Destiny PS4 bundle is even more of a reason to get a PS4 for Destiny then the Watch Dogs bundle was.

DerNebel said:
LemonSlice said:
Raziel123 said:
toastboy44562 said:

You both are forgetting the only massive selling game the Wii U has is smash bros this holiday. Call of duty, the master chief collection, and destiny will each outsell it on xbox one. not to mention xbox one has things like assassins creed unity, sunset overdrive, a price cut, releases in more regions, dance evolution, etc

Smash bros, hyrule warriors and bayo 2. Bayo won't move many units but neither will sunset. and destiny -> ps4, not xb1

I'm not sure why people think that Destiny will be a lot more popular on PS4 when Bungie has been exclusive to XBox these last two gens.

People are opening their eyes?

To what?

LemonSlice said:
DerNebel said:
LemonSlice said:

I'm not sure why people think that Destiny will be a lot more popular on PS4 when Bungie has been exclusive to XBox these last two gens.

People are opening their eyes?

To what?

Marketing and pre orders.

DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It's pretty much the same situation, with the difference that the Destiny PS4 bundle is even more of a reason to get a PS4 for Destiny then the Watch Dogs bundle was.

yeah its only going to give a 10-20k boost at most i think ps4 will get 70k-150k boost imo

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

yeah its only going to give a 10-20k boost at most i think ps4 will get 70k-150k boost imo

We'll see, the PS4 boost could be huge, but I don't wanna make a prediction now.

DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

We'll see, the PS4 boost could be huge, but I don't wanna make a prediction now.

ehh im just staing it will easily get more sales then when watch dogs came out because the bundle is WW and not EU only

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

ehh im just staing it will easily get more sales then when watch dogs came out because the bundle is WW and not EU only

I think until now the Destiny bundle is US only, oh and there is one for Japan, but I think no bundle for the EU. But yeah, I also think the Destiny should boost more than Watch Dogs, I just don't wanna call a number now.

DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I think he meant, and I completely agree, that the similar situation will be that Destiny will sell more on X360 than on XOne.

Before I saw NPD report on Watch Dogs, I would have said it's impossible, but after that surprise, I'm leaning more towards that scenario. And very likely with Forza Horizon as well.

DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I think until now the Destiny bundle is US only, oh and there is one for Japan, but I think no bundle for the EU. But yeah, I also think the Destiny should boost more than Watch Dogs, I just don't wanna call a number now.

well thats fine anything can happen

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?