By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Paper Mario worth it? N64 ver.

Is Paper Mario worth it?

Yes it's Mario! 108 93.91%

No free is always bad lol 6 5.22%

Total:114

Have a crapton of fun these coming 2 weeks or so. One of my favorites.

Around the Network

Paper mario is the only mario game that I actually like.

I started TTYD again today...Just as good as I remember it. One of the best games of all time, and the reason I got the gamecube.

Assyrian612 said:
TravenousMaximus said:
Very much worth it - I never played it on N64; instead I purchased it on the Wii Shop years ago. I couldn't peel myself away from that game until I beat it. Very fun, and probably the funniest dialogue in a Nintendo game at the time it was initially released.

Thank you for your review!! I'm glad you also enjoyed the game, btw since you've played it.. Is Luigi a playable character?

Luigi is not playable in Paper Mario.. He simply stays at home waiting for Mario to return from his quest!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yes it is. I think it's the best paper mario game, followed by The Thousand Year Door (NGC).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Assyrian612 said:

Thank you for your review!! I'm glad you also enjoyed the game, btw since you've played it.. Is Luigi a playable character?

Luigi is not playable in Paper Mario.. He simply stays at home waiting for Mario to return from his quest!

In TTYD you can get a badge that makes you look like luigi. And you can read about Luigi's adventures.

Clyde32 said:

In TTYD you can get a badge that makes you look like luigi. And you can read about Luigi's adventures.

I know, but he is playable only in Super Paper Mario, and even then you get to play as him very late in the game!

AZWification said:
Assyrian612 said:
TravenousMaximus said:
Very much worth it - I never played it on N64; instead I purchased it on the Wii Shop years ago. I couldn't peel myself away from that game until I beat it. Very fun, and probably the funniest dialogue in a Nintendo game at the time it was initially released.

Typical Luigi lol.. The guy is a boss though, his death stare in mk8 is epic lol =P

Assyrian612 said:
AZWification said:

Typical Luigi lol.. The guy is a boss though, his death stare in mk8 is epic lol =P

Yeah, but you do get to play as Luigi in Super Paper Mario and he kicks so much ass in that game! I think he's actually my favorite playable character in that game!

First off, you can really never complain about a free game.

Secondly, yeah, Paper Mario is a solid, humorous rpg.

So you'll be fine.