By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've had enough with Japan exclusives

vivster said:
Are you actually complaining that the western white PS4 doesn't have an ugly Destiny logo on it?

The first time the west lucks out on a bundle and people are whining.

I was wondering the same, the Destiny logo kinda destroys the white PS4 in my opinion, clear looks much better.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Are you actually complaining that the western white PS4 doesn't have an ugly Destiny logo on it?

Yes I actually am; if you think not accepting anything less is considered whining I really don't know what to tell you.

You care wayyyyyy too much about bundles. They are such a non-issue tbh.

As far as localized games goes, yes there's a shortage and it feels like we're getting shafted, but it's all just perception. Just like a lot of Japanese people don't care about western games, a lot of westerners do not care for Japanese games either. Face it, we are a minority.

Damagon said:

As far as localized games goes, yes there's a shortage and it feels like we're getting shafted, but it's all just perception. Just like a lot of Japanese people don't care about western games, a lot of westerners do not care for Japanese games either. Face it, we are a minority.

Haha well I really like to see rare consoles, I have great respect for rare consoles bcuz I love the history of video games. Every console limted edition in the future will be collectibles.. But the fact we keep getting shafted is what's really upsetting me, I made this topic mainly for PSO2 and Destiny bundle.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Assyrian612 said:
Damagon said:

Haha well I really like to see rare consoles, I have great respect for rare consoles bcuz I love the history of video games. Every console limted edition in the future will be collectibles.. But the fact we keep getting shafted is what's really upsetting me, I made this topic mainly for PSO2 and Destiny bundle.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

You can always move to Japan :)

Around the Network
Damagon said:
Assyrian612 said:
Damagon said:

You can always move to Japan :)

If I did I'd become the Last Samurai =) lol

Assyrian612 said:
vivster said:

Yes I actually am; if you think not accepting anything less is considered whining I really don't know what to tell you.

Less is sometimes more. As in this case.

Never understood why people would want their console that they use to play a myriad of games be branded with just a single one that they don't even know if it is any good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Assyrian612 said:
vivster said:

Less is sometimes more. As in this case.

Never understood why people would want their console that they use to play a myriad of games be branded with just a single one that they don't even know if it is any good.

This case proves the exact opposite of that. If you want to believe an all white PS4 (which will be a stand alone package in europe) vs a PS4 Destiny branded console for the exact same bundle is considered less; again I don't know what to tell you. What I will tell you and I'm sure you'd agree with is people have their own preferences. Sometimes people who buy branded systems just means they really value that game more than others. Doesn't mean it looks foolish to play other games on it lol.

Assyrian612 said:

This case proves the exact opposite of that. If you want to believe an all white PS4 (which will be a stand alone package in europe) vs a PS4 Destiny branded console for the exact same bundle is considered less; again I don't know what to tell you. What I will tell you and I'm sure you'd agree with is people have their own preferences. Sometimes people who buy branded systems just means they really value that game more than others. Doesn't mean it looks foolish to play other games on it lol.

Where does it say that the white console will be a standalone?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Assyrian612 said:

Where does it say that the white console will be a standalone?

I think this was posted somewhere in the forums can't remember http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/10/5886837/ps4-white-destiny-bundle-standalone