By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 269k, XBO: 197k, Wii U: 140k

Vitafitistheking said:

Domination baby

Jmurph,Kowenicki,DarkFEanor,Sales please report in

Whats your excuse now?
Same price for both consoles still no chance
Baseline for the X1 will be much lower after June - June sales had the pricecut effect and still no chance.
Whats next up your chalkboard you clowns?
Sunset Overdrive the savior?

Or is it that the PS4 is the best Console on the market currently?
That it has everything going for them?
MORE POWER
BETTER GAMES lol fuck no
BIGGER BRAND FOR GAMING (maybe.. but xbox and nintendo have made pretty big names for themselves.)
CONSOLE FOR CORE GAMING are you kidding me? 

DOMINATION
THE KING IS HERE AND WILL STAY! translation: SECOND COMING OF THE PS2!! (lol)

PLEASE tighten your seat belts Jmurph,Kowenicki,DarkFeanor and crew
YOU WILL SPIN A LOT IN THIS GEN!DON'T FALL OUT OF YOUR SPINMOBIL!

BUT BUT WAIT TILL HALO 5!!!! yeah.. a game that people actually want.
HAHAHAHAHA

OMG they use X1s for MLG GAMING!!!IT IS SO COOL
YEAH THEY SURELY ARE HAPPY TO PLAY in fucking 480p with 20fps while they could play on PS4 in 1080p/60fps HAHAHAHAHA hmm.. wondering if i just wasted my time. oh well. *submit*

Around the Network
Vitafitistheking said:

Domination baby

Jmurph,Kowenicki,DarkFEanor,Sales please report in

Whats your excuse now?
Same price for both consoles still no chance
Baseline for the X1 will be much lower after June - June sales had the pricecut effect and still no chance.
Whats next up your chalkboard you clowns?
Sunset Overdrive the savior?

Or is it that the PS4 is the best Console on the market currently?
That it has everything going for them?
MORE POWER
BETTER GAMES
BIGGER BRAND FOR GAMING
CONSOLE FOR CORE GAMING

DOMINATION
THE KING IS HERE AND WILL STAY!

PLEASE tighten your seat belts Jmurph,Kowenicki,DarkFeanor and crew
YOU WILL SPIN A LOT IN THIS GEN!DON'T FALL OUT OF YOUR SPINMOBIL!

BUT BUT WAIT TILL HALO 5!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA

OMG they use X1s for MLG GAMING!!!IT IS SO COOL
YEAH THEY SURELY ARE HAPPY TO PLAY in fucking 480p with 20fps while they could play on PS4 in 1080p/60fps HAHAHAHAHA

lol the alts are getting crazy these days, nice one max.

I'm actually quite surprised. o.o Given there were to be pre-orders taken for the 399$ sku prior to its release, figured that, if nothing else, such a top-heavy launch would give it the necessary push to secure the top spot in the June NPD, (although July might have been a different story altogether, if the momentum didn't hold out.) The fact that the PS4 came out on top anyway suggests three possibilities;

1) The Xbox One's new launch wasn't very top heavy, (meaning not bulging with pre-orders and first-week sales,) and it had a higher, steady rate of console sales throughout the rest of June that, while not enough to overcome its rival, nonetheless was an overall improvement for the console's fortunes.
2) The Xbox One's new launch WAS top heavy, (which seems likely, given preeeetty sure we heard reports in the first week or so of how they were 'flying off the shelves,') and sales plummeted after the first week or two to May levels, if not worse.
3) The console was actually dramatically improved following the launch of the 399$ SKU, but got its butt kicked so badly in the pre-launch period of June 1st-June 8th, that they couldn't claw their way back up.

Anyway, if nothing else, the new SKU will make the console more appealing to the frantic parental Holiday shoppers come the pre-Christmas rush; matching your competitor's price point is never a bad thing, and trying to stand their ground with the hundred-dollars-extra probably wouldn't have done them any good come the Festive Season. Even if sales at the moment have plummeted back to the subbasement a few weeks after the Kinect-less model's release, I believe that its introduction will still prove to be the best option. ^_^

So! Now that the Kinectless-SKU doesn't seem likely to help them close the gap anytime soon, what's next? Honest question, I know there's some possible tide-changers on the horizon, i.e. Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, secondary market release, I'm just not sure which of them is coming first. Microsoft have any trump cards left for the summer?

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Entertaining thread as predicted GJ Vgchartz and alts.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
CGI-Quality said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
CGI-Quality said:

-snip

and i reread your response to me for good measure, and you did mention the 2 to 1 console comparison which i dont understand why you have a problem with it.. it has happened every generation since microsoft entered the market. ps2 oldsold the other two combined handily, as did wii for a good length of time, and ps4 has done it most of the time up to this point. its something people discuss. there is nothing wrong with it.

The rest offered clarity, so I'll just briefly tackle this bit. I have a problem with that type of comparison because I find that it puts a spin on things. People have actually been doing this since gen 5 (when we finally had three solid competitors). Doesn't mean doing so is, necessarily, right/wrong - it's just a pet-peeve.

well that i can understand. although i dont share that sentiment. doesnt bother me if people compare 2 consoles to 1. 50% marketshare at the end of the generation is a milestone, and people usually want to see that for their favorite console. so its always going to be there.

not to put a spin on anything, but the very source of this comparison being something i talk about started with sony fans coming out of the woodworks claiming SECOND COMING OF THE PS2!! back to the glory days and all this.. while the whole time, i really didn't think that the gap was going to be that wide. and in fact, recent trends are making me believe that it wont even outsell both combined which really puts to rest that whole idea. anyway, thats why i made that thread.

Not Kart wiiUs biggest exclusive or a x1 "price cut" to parity could drive either to even match PS4 sales in NA for a sinlge month.

70% share will happen no matter how much u want it not to.  The games are coming, 3rd party ones will bump PS4 not x1 and sonys track record on exclusives seals the deal beyond any doubt.  Simply put Wiiu and X1 have nothing to stop it from happening.

PS4 at its weakest is still crushing them both who are near their best.  Da hell you think a eventual price cut, holiday bundles temp cuts and all the games will do ???? it will be a sloughter even more brutal then PS2 managed.

It will be hilarious when a year old port/remaster bumps PS4 back to near 60% share.

Around the Network

Ugh go away Max. Getting a bit sad now.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It really seems like that the playstation 4 conquered the US back, though i am looking forward to November's NPD numbers just to make sure. But the 3DS is already in decline O.o i wonder if they will announce an successor to the 3DS because of that.

PS4> X1> Wii U All is right in the videogame universe.

chocoloco said:

This is USA sales, WorldWide Wii U sell like or more XBOX ONE.

drake_tolu said:
chocoloco said:

This is USA sales, WorldWide Wii U sell like or more XBOX ONE.

I live in the US. I have been on this site a long time. I know this is American data. Obviously, kid.