By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Remastered has a "Lock at 30fps" option

etking said:
I miss the word option in the slide, because it does not seem to be an option. It might be locked 30FPS with no option at all.

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:

Boom.

Thanks. That clears it all.

Quite relieved I was worried for nothing. :)

Much appreciated.

Chevinator123 said:

Boom.

They have spoken. Hopefully, this will stop the "Oh, it won't stay in 60 fps" comments.

sully1311 said:
I must be the only person who thinks this a great idea. Except for FPS and racing games, 60FPS just looks weird and stupid for me. All the movement just doesn't look right.

Nope, not the only one. Option is always better than no option. 

And for me, cinematic games like Uncharted or TLoU should be made with 30fps in mind and spend the 50% more performance for graphics and other stuff. Although I will play TLoU R in 60fps, I'm sure the first 15 minutes will feel really weird to me until I will get adjusted to it, and won't notice the difference anymore.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

If that mode is for PS3 purists, why dont they have a PS3 graphics option for them too? And who the hell is this twitter guy?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
etking said:
I miss the word option in the slide, because it does not seem to be an option. It might be locked 30FPS with no option at all.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

First previews:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/16/5902983/the-last-of-us-remastered-ps4-preview-graphics

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_last_of_us_remastered_edition/b/playstation4/archive/2014/07/16/re_2d00_infection-hands-on-with-the-last-of-us-remastered.aspx

As for the topic: 'And for those who don't like a variable frame rate, or the way that cutscenes look at 60 fps, the studio included an option to lock the frame rate at 30 fps.'

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Chevinator123 said:

Boom.

Nice!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

CDiablo said:
If that mode is for PS3 purists, why dont they have a PS3 graphics option for them too.

Cause it's probably more work, than just to slap an fps limit? And I don't think that you will find people who prefer worse graphics over better, but you will find people who prefer 30fps over 60fps. PS3 purists is bad wording imo.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

vivster said:
Of course it's not locked at 60 fps. The PS4 is a console, not a super computer.
Gonna enjoy the outcry when people realize that UC4 will also not be locked at 60fps.

The egg on your face