By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets face it: 3DS is Wii U's worst enemy

EDIT: Red Circle is probably Mario Kart 8

In response to A. 3DS is helping the Wii U or B. WIi U is Wii U's worst enemy:

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KungKras said:

Your graphs doesn't prove anything -_-

If they 3DS hurt the Wii U, then Wii U would go down when 3DS went up and vice versa. But they both seem to follow the same trends. So what's the point of this thread again?

You could say they follow the same trends, but then you don't seem to truly understand, so I've included the 360 to make it more obvious.

The trends that the Wii U and 3DS followed, that you suggested the 3DS was helping the Wii U are the holiday seasons, the defacto best time for console sales. Or would you suggest that the 3DS helped the Xbox 360 sales as well?

In fact, if the 3DS was helping the Wii U, the Wii U should have exceeded it seeing as A. the 3DS had already peaked and B. the Wii U started in the holidays not to mention C. its second holiday did much worse.

The 360 and 3DS sales in the holiday seasons almost match, an obvious example of how they didn't really compete against each other. At the same time, the Wii U being much lower during those periods suggest that they are competing, against both the 3DS and the 360.

And sure, you could suggest that all the consoles on the market are the Wii U's worst enemy. But the 3DS is the only other console on the market getting Active Development and Platform support from Nintendo. So unlike those other platforms, barring the Wii since it about to be discontinued/already has been in some places, the 3DS harms it by competiting with it both on the commercial front and inside Nintendo's.

As for all the Allegations that Wii U is its own worst enemy, that doesn't make any sense. Not only is the Nintendo responsible for the dearth of games and system sellers on the Wii U, they put them on the 3DS to add insult to injury, price cuts have not helped, games have not helped, even if you suggest it was the Wii U tablet that rose the price, its Nintendo who made its development integral, and now not having a Wii U tablet in many games makes players miss out on some crucial features.

Nintendo has obviously fucked the Wii U, but as long as they continue to support the 3DS over it, it doesn't even have a ghost of a chance of pulling any reasonable sales.

And that blue circle is Mario Kart 8.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I can see why
Why buy NSMBU if you can get NSMB2?
Why buy Tropical Freeze when you can get Returns 3D?
Why buy 3D World when you can buy 3D land?
Why buy Rayman Legends when you can get Origins?

But at least their making sales from the 3ds, but I still think the killer is low word of mouth resulting in less people even knowing what the Damn thing is.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

very true. The 3DS version for smash is really going to hurt Wii U sales. I can see it coming so easily.

ExplodingBlock said:
I can see why

Because one is a game you play on a tiny screen with a significantly less powerful system, and another is something you play with a controller and an HD system on your couch with a huge TV?

Around the Network

"3DS is Wii U's worst enemy"

Saying it out loud is just weird, but it's true.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Kinda agree with OP. I would buy Wii U for Xenoblade or Bayonetta 2.
But another Mario? Thanks, no.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

I thought it was because PS4 and Xbone were trouncing it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MontanaHatchet said:
ExplodingBlock said:
I can see why

Because one is a game you play on a tiny screen with a significantly less powerful system, and another is something you play with a controller and an HD system on your couch with a huge TV?

Pavolink said:
I thought it was because PS4 and Xbone were trouncing it.

You can't get Nintendo games on a PS4/XB1.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank