By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will the Wii sell this week?

Does Japan watch the Oscars?

And, the Wii may hit around 90,000 in America this week cause of how they were neglected last week.

(golden week will see supreme numbers for all consoles but even moreso for Wii.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

>also, chrizum, you underestimate, the power of the Oscars!

I think you way overestimated the power of Oscars. the viewing rate has been dropping steadily every year. I see a slight bump in sales (around 1%) due purely on the Oscar appearance.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's like free advertising. Nintendo didn't even have to do anything.

Is the Wii the first game console to be on the Oscars?

Nintendo should be honored!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius
kingofwale said:
>also, chrizum, you underestimate, the power of the Oscars!

I think you way overestimated the power of Oscars. the viewing rate has been dropping steadily every year. I see a slight bump in sales (around 1%) due purely on the Oscar appearance.

Where is your brain?

The Oscars demograph has got to be 30+ year old's 

So increase will be HUGE.

Another great way of free advertising for Nintendo Blue Ocean plan :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I'd say the sales would depend entierly on how many units Nintendo can ship to stores :)

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Around the Network

MAJOR endorsements!

True Genius

a) sales numbers coming out today are through sunday, before the oscars

b) only 30mil people saw the oscars

c) wii is supply constrained...the number sold is entirely based on how many are put on shelves

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Supply will limit WW to 300-325k

I think NA will be 125-150k

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

i think 250-300k assuming it sells more than 150k in Usa

-Universe aeons ago.

Hardware sales are up for America. You were right; the Oscars did help. Then again, it's not like they wouldn't sell out either way.