By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can't Decide between Watchdogs or Infamous

Both games are fun, watch dogs had a steep learning curve for me initially with all the hacking and you getting hacked and having to find the perpetrator (Most annoying part of the game). But very fun it allows you to either go stealth to complete an objective or just barge in and shoot up the place.

Infamous is a really fun beautiful looking game, I enjoyed it though the missions slightly felt redundant. Having different powers/with different specials incorporated in the game was very well done.

You can't go wrong with either game it depends on your interest. If you like stealth or shoot em ups with a very subtle GTA element then go for watchdogs. If you're more in to superhero/villain where you have super powers no guns/meets future day seattle then go for infamous.

Around the Network

I liked Infamous much more, but really you shouldn't limit yourself to one of them. If you're on a budget you could always get the other one later though.

Infamous is one of the most boring games ever imo. Don't know bout Watch_Dogs.

Swap Infamous for Sleeping Dogs!

well you said you get bored by GTA games...

...infamous is a very different kind of sandbox game than GTA but watch dogs can play a lot like GTA depending on how much you use stealth. if you don't use stealth watch dogs is bascially a less quality version of GTA.

i loved infamous. a lot of the game is traversal and platforming instead of just shooting. the powers are a lot of fun and you get a new one every few hours which helps change things up. it's a tad on easy side though,. if you want a challenge you might try avoiding clearing out territories until later in the game.

anyways, i'd recommend infamous over watch dogs but both are solid games.

Infamous is the easier platinum (watchdogs would be easy except for the stupid drunk bar games). That aside both are fun to play although in infamous you will need to play the game twice.

From my experience - plat infamous but gave up on 90% in wds, i would say go with watchdogs.....game is great with a tonne of potential to expand in the future. Open world driving in the game is great too.

Around the Network

I had a blast with Infamous, and found Watch Dogs to be pretty bland and forgettable. While Watch Dogs has a lot more content, I just didn't find it compelling to do or unlock.

I'd get Watch_Dogs now for the online, and Infamous later. Then again, Infamous is cheaper.

EDIT: After checking Amazon its barely cheaper, get Watch_Dogs, then Infamouse

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Infamous was so easy and way too short with almost nothing to do besides the story and the story has a ton of filler for how light it actually is. Watch Dogs is better overall.

Infamous is shorter, even playing through twice to get all the trophies, and rather easy to platinum. I think I did it in under 20 hours and I wasn't rushing through it.

Watchdogs you can get the platinum in one playthrough, and it is going to take a bit longer.

Both games are fun on their own merits, but I personally prefer Infamous. Watchdogs just had a few too many annoying things (auto-fail stealth missions, situation based recognition by enemies that just doesn't make any sense, story with some very odd plot holes), though I am enjoying it a lot more now that I am done with the main story and just going through the collectibles and such.

If you don't like GTA, I don't think you'll like WD that much tbh.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.