By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon Most Wanted Monitoring.

3DS selling less on Amazon might be because is the most abundant portable system this gen. You can go to the store, buy the thing and take it home easier than a big home console. This is probably not that important fact, but it could be a reason.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
3DS selling less on Amazon might be because is the most abundant portable system this gen. You can go to the store, buy the thing and take it home easier than a big home console. This is probably not that important fact, but it could be a reason.

Also (and I don't mean this as an offense to serious Nintendo fans) 3DS is mostly aimed at kids, and at an affordable price is probably more of an impulse buy by parents, or a result of kids yanking sleeves while in the store. Not something an adult Amazon customer would order in large quantities.

Good results, and decently accurate too!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Great work !

I like charts based on actual figures even if its only from Amazon. As pointed out 3DS looks really low since Vita is ahead :).

Can you make monthly chart according to NPD weeks so we can compared the results ?

Keep up the work

From now on, I think I am going to show weekly update like this :

Everyweek, I will remove oldest week and add the new one. I think it is going to be easier to see trends this way... What do you think ?

Around the Network
Symbios63 said:

Everyweek, I will remove oldest week and add the new one. I think it is going to be easier to see trends this way... What do you think ?

Would be cool to have both. That said, it might be worth removing the shapes from the "all weeks" graph. If we have a short term graph to see the more specific details, the overall graph simply being a clean line graph would do a sufficient job of showing overall trend changes since launch.

Nevermind.

Symbios63 said:

Hey Symbios63, is there any chance that we might see an overlay of actual sales trends on the Amazon trends?  I'd love to see if they correlate.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

Good work! This is pretty interesting and informative :)

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

It does show how Amazon can favour some consoles over others. 3DS dead last XD