By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS catching up to PS4

Intrinsic said:
Why are we comparing handheld sales to console sales?

I would think that both platforms cater to very very different types of gamers and/or usage scenarios.

because it is still a gaming platform.

Intrinsic said:
Lol ok I get you guys. I give. So my prediction.

The PS4 could sell more simply cause this is its first real holiday year. There are a lot of kids that asked for a 3DS last year or the year before that will be asking for a PS4 this year.

How was last year not a real holiday?

Around the Network
ikki5 said:
Intrinsic said:
Lol ok I get you guys. I give. So my prediction.

The PS4 could sell more simply cause this is its first real holiday year. There are a lot of kids that asked for a 3DS last year or the year before that will be asking for a PS4 this year.

How was last year not a real holiday?

Just to state the obvious....

The console released in november, which falls into the holiday sales months (nov-december). Majority of those sales were pre-orders. And consoles selling out in their first month or so of release is never an indication of how long term demand for the console will be. The people buying the console at launch when price is at its highest and games are most limited are usually fans of the platform. Those guys could probably have bought the console even if it was a $100 more expensive.

launch window or month is very very different from holiday season. Cause at launch you don't get the deals cause well, being able to even get your hands on one is enough. But come holiday, you start seeing things like buy console and get two games free, or buy console and gate a game and controller free...etc. 

So the big battlefield in the 8th console war is the 3DS vs PS4? Handheld vs home console?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

PS4 will outsell 3DS in 2014 and lifetime IMO but we'll see.

At first, I thought that the 3DS would have no chance of beating the PS4 in 2014 or lifetime. Although after seeing sales up to now, I think the 3DS certainly has a shot at them.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Even if it catches up, I think PS4 will beat it in the holidays.

Do not underestimate Smash and Pokemon

Kaizar said:
Life time, yes.

2014, well the 3DS has way more heavy hitters this year, plus price drop. So, yes.

No and no.

PS4 will outsell 3DS lifetime easily.

Click HERE and be happy 

Who Cares.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

MDT500 said:
Who Cares.

Did you only create that account to post that...?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Intrinsic said:
Why are we comparing handheld sales to console sales?

I would think that both platforms cater to very very different types of gamers and/or usage scenarios.

This is a very interesting generation where comparing 3DS and PS4 is normal as they are both the best sellers of this gen