By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

I'm taking their side too. They've been developing this game since well before the Wii U launched and watched it struggle from the get-go, knowing full well their game is probably going to flop like many of the other third party releases on Wii U. Yet, they've remained firm in keeping it coming. This game has been in development longer than any confirmed title, yet it's never been a question of whether it will be canceled, and up until now, Slightly Mad has had nothing but positive things to say regarding it the Wii U and their port for the console.

You can't blame them for securing funding from a major publisher, either. They're essentially an indy studio releasing a big-budget game that will be competing with the likes of Drive Club, Forza and Gran Turismo on most consoles, and fighting just to be relevant to the audience of another. That's an uphill battle on every front.

To anyone who planned to get the game for Wii U, shut the hell up and wait a few months; it's not going to kill you. If the last few months are anything like the first two years, then I can promise you that you will still be getting one hell of a game, or at least a game on par with other consoles. There will be plenty to play in the meantime.

By the way, I never planned on gettng Project CARS. I've never been a fan of realistic racing sims. But if I was, this news wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Hmmm its ok to be flippant about this when you are not a fan of realistic racing sims, and never planned on getting it in the first place. There are Wii U owners genuinely annoyed about the delay, and rightly so. I was going to get it, and the delay kinda suits me, because there are many other great Wii U games i want coming this year, and Project Cars is one less to worry about damaging my wallet.

Around the Network
Snoorlax said:
Tamron said:
Snoorlax said:

Not gonna happen bro.

First you delay the WiiU version, then you tell us that it's going to be 720p/30fps and to make it worse you tell us that if we really want this eye candy realistic racing game of urs, we wait at least another year?

HELLO!? This is WiiU were talking about. How anybody can expect this game to sell good on WiiU after these baffling news is just baffling.

at least mario kart 8 is finally out now..  oh you were talking about project cars?  sorry its hard to tell,  the complaints are exactly the same situations. 

nintendo free pass strikes again. 

But then again, Mario Kart 8 is a WiiU exclusive, thats not the case for Project Cars now is it. So sales on WiiU definitely won't impress anybody i guess the only game that got away with this was Rayman.

Yeah, and that game was unnecessary delayed too :/

cycycychris said:
Wow, who ever this guy on this Facebook acount sounds like a total dick. Here's his answer to someone complaining about the delay.

"Don't you think it's better waiting one more year - if it was necessary - to have a great game perfectly adapted to the capabilities of the WiiU instead of an unfinished game !?
Can't you, sometime, use your head before your heart, and just react like kids ?!
People die in the world, there is war, people have cancer, many because "we" don't respect our environment and YOU cry because this extraordinary game will possibly be postponed for six months on the WiiU?
AM I DREAMING ?!"

Tell me that's not real! 

Rab said:
cycycychris said:
Wow, who ever this guy on this Facebook acount sounds like a total dick. Here's his answer to someone complaining about the delay.

"Don't you think it's better waiting one more year - if it was necessary - to have a great game perfectly adapted to the capabilities of the WiiU instead of an unfinished game !?
Can't you, sometime, use your head before your heart, and just react like kids ?!
People die in the world, there is war, people have cancer, many because "we" don't respect our environment and YOU cry because this extraordinary game will possibly be postponed for six months on the WiiU?
AM I DREAMING ?!"

Tell me that's not real! 

I give up im not supproting a company whos being a jerk to potential buyers

gonna get driveclub instead; hope it flops

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Rab said:
cycycychris said:

AM I DREAMING ?!"

Tell me that's not real! 

He doesn't work for the company, as mentioned before the facebook page is a fanpage.  

Around the Network
Torillian said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Rab said:
cycycychris said:

AM I DREAMING ?!"

Tell me that's not real! 

He doesn't work for the company, as mentioned before the facebook page is a fanpage.  

ok i didnt see that so i change my opinion but imo its gonna die and get destryed in sales by driveclub and forza(also crew)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

People seem to be forgetting the delays Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, and DKC got...

Nintentacle said:
People seem to be forgetting the delays Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, and DKC got...

Yeah and Nintendo telling us "Youll wait for them because you dont have anything else to play anyway..Mwahahahahahahaa!!!"

That was a dick move by Nintendo...

KLXVER said:
Nintentacle said:

Yeah and Nintendo telling us "Youll wait for them because you dont have anything else to play anyway..Mwahahahahahahaa!!!"

I think I'm going to have to edit the OP.  Again, that wasn't a facebook page for the developers, that's a fan page.

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:
Nintentacle said:

I think I'm going to have to edit the OP.  Again, that wasn't a facebook page for the developers, that's a fan page.

So? It was still a developer who said it...