By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - xbone + wii u closing the gap with ps4!

what will the distribution be closest to?

70-20-10 81 12.02%

70-15-15 23 3.41%

60-25-15 134 19.88%

60-20-20 74 10.98%

50-30-20 173 25.67%

50-25-25 38 5.64%

40-30-30 122 18.10%

40-40-20 25 3.71%

Total:670
Conegamer said:
So this thread is all in bold for some reason.

Also, well it's a better effort but I still disagree entirely.

It was a bold thread.

Around the Network

The second coming of the PS2 will never happen in my opinion. PS4 will be the highest selling home console this generation, but it wont get any higher than 50ish% market share.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

All I know is the ps4 is going to win this gen with ease.

what about the ouya?

I KNOW SONY FANS WANT THE PS4 TO WIN CAUSE THE PS3 LOSS WAS BAD BUT PS4 HAS LOST GROUND IN AMERICA AND JAPAN SO HOW ARE THEY GOING TO WIN

Around the Network

Ok PS4 isn't going to be a PS2. First off the console market is becoming a lot more competitive than it was with PS2. There's less of a chance it will sell after the next generation is released. PS2 sold 50 million after PS3 was released, and I don't think PS4 will do that after PS5. Also, PS4 may have a shorter lifetime than PS2 and PS3. Maybe only 5 years to keep up with changing times. Not saying it won't win this generation just saying it's not going to sell 150m+

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

geoflame2014 said:
I KNOW SONY FANS WANT THE PS4 TO WIN CAUSE THE PS3 LOSS WAS BAD BUT PS4 HAS LOST GROUND IN AMERICA AND JAPAN SO HOW ARE THEY GOING TO WIN

did my thread drive you to make an account?

I can't wait to come back to these threads in 6 - 7 years (if I remember) and read up on all these predictions of over 100m sales for the PS4 and when i see the 70-80 million number, I am going to laugh at you.

Let me put things into perspective. The Wii sold 100m world wide yes? People are saying the PS4 will be 100m+ worldwide because it is selling so well but if you look at the Wii, it was selling 2-3 times (sometimes even more than that) by this time than what the PS4 was and it did this for several years. And the Wii sold more than the PS4 did by this time. The numbers pretty much never made it below 150k a week until around summer/fall 3 years later and then it was STILL over 100k per week. Something that the PS4 is not doing right now and it probably won't do... ever. The PS4 sale surge is over. You are going to probably continue to get these numbers with them slowly declining over all over time with spikes here and there but it will NEVER get to 100m. The only way I can see it doing that is if they keep it going for an extra 3 or 4 years into the next generation and I doubt you will see them doing that otherwise it will be Sony being left behind next gen instead of Nintendo.

Tamron said:
how are they closing the gap when the ps4 consistently sells more, thus expanding the gap..

The same way the psvita is closing the gap with 3ds. In terms of sales, the gap keeps increasing. In terms of percentages (i.e. marketshare) it looks as if things are looking up for the psvita. They aren't. It's just that the 3ds is doing worse than it used to. That's why percentages are most of the time misleading. 

I think the current week is the worst case for PS4 : no new title, summer, while the Xbox had a "price drop", the Wii U its best title in the last few weeks. The PS4 still manages to have a 45% market share.
So, the market share will be higher, 50%, probably 60.