By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U version of Project Cars out in 2015

Torillian said:
Smear-Gel said:
Using the poll cannonballZ linked, I can't fathom why they would delay the console game that has the most potential buyers. There's definitely more to the story.

I'm actually really sad it isn't releasing at the same time, was going to be an interesting case study on how much those kind of polls pertain to actual sales results and how well a WiiU game can do when it has no excuses not to.  

Just take a look at Assassin's Creed 4 for your answer.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
Torillian said:
Smear-Gel said:
Using the poll cannonballZ linked, I can't fathom why they would delay the console game that has the most potential buyers. There's definitely more to the story.

I'm actually really sad it isn't releasing at the same time, was going to be an interesting case study on how much those kind of polls pertain to actual sales results and how well a WiiU game can do when it has no excuses not to.  

Established franchises from different systems always have the excuse (or rational reason depending on your point of view) for selling worse tat the fanbase has already been estrablished on other first party company's systems with their fanbases.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some other reason I've seen touted that Assassin's Creed 4 isn't a fair comparison.  

Arcturus said:
Torillian said:
Smear-Gel said:

Nope. AC3 had already sort of flopped on Wii U a year earlier. Fans of AC never clamored for a Wii U version of any AC game whereas the Wii U version of Project Cars has been the most sought after console version by far.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Lyrikalstylez said:
Lol why not just forget the wii u version, probably only sell 1,000 copies anyway

Wanna take a bet?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:

Nope. AC3 had already sort of flopped on Wii U a year earlier. Fans of AC never clamored for a Wii U version of any AC game whereas the Wii U version of Project Cars has been the most sought after console version by far.

No it really was not the most sought after version.  Wiiu supporters only jumped on it casue sms were one of the few devs to talk nice about wiiu and promise (all a lie) qulaity like the other consoles.  It was awesome pr on their part, but all based of unrealistic expectations.  

It was about the messge not the game, weird as that is.  

Around the Network

That's a shame. I was looking forward to get this game on WiiU. Now I don't know

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Smear-Gel said:
Since the majority of people who were gonna buy this game are Wii U owners, based on polls, this is either wrong, all Namco's fault, or for a VERY good reason.

If internet polls and general opinion were representative of the majority, Call of Duty would sell nothing and JRPG's would sell millions.  That's not a great example of anything.

OT: I don't think we're ever going to get another case study for looking at third party sales on WiiU.  Oh well.

This is a crowdfunded game, right?...so wouldn't they have to refund people if the Wii U version ends up being cancelled, like some are saying?...I don't think it'll be cancelled, honestly.

Torillian said:
Arcturus said:
Torillian said:
Smear-Gel said:

Established franchises from different systems always have the excuse (or rational reason depending on your point of view) for selling worse tat the fanbase has already been estrablished on other first party company's systems with their fanbases.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some other reason I've seen touted that Assassin's Creed 4 isn't a fair comparison.  

That's a fair point, I suppose. It's the closest comparison we have at the moment. The Wii U version was released at the time as other versions, it ran as good if not better than the PS3 and 360 versions, and it contained all of the same content.

So, I'm getting the info on GAF that the Wii U version was scheduled to come out first, according to the devs...is it true?...if so, at least in my case, it doesn't paint a pretty picture for kickstarters games, it negatively impacts my perception of the whole thing.