By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Problem -- There Simply Isn't Room For 3 Consoles

There is no room for 3 consoles but Nintendo is not part of the main market anymore. For most gamers, Nintendo systems do not exist, this is why all 3rd party developers already left the sinking ship.

Nintendo created its own small disconnected niche market and has no chance to compete with PS4 or X1 with outdated and ultra-weak hardware. But most Nintendo fans continiue to play Nintendo games only and do not care for the rest. This very small but loyal fanbase however might not be enough to be profitable, this is why Nintendo reported loss after loss with no turnaround in sight.

Around the Network

Gaming industry would be nothing within Nintendo influence.

DarkD said:

TLOU was not a risk.  Sony sells itself on making violent games and coming out with new franchises all the time.  TLOU was the norm for Sony, and it wasn't a risk at all.  You make a zombie game and you are guaranteed to make your money back even if the console fails.  Look at ZombiU for that.  I credit them for making new characters all the time, but the gameplay is as unimaginative as it gets.  

And what would Sony's alternative be for playing it safe anyways?  They don't have a lot of franchises to rehash you know.  If it makes them a lot of money they rehash it like everything else.  

Yes I have admitted how many times now that Nintendo reuses characters...  So what..  They change the gameplay up every time so what does it matter.  Which is exactly what you still haven't defended on Sony's part yet.  They just drop new characters into the same engine.  That's why they churned those games out so fast, they just changed the characters and used the same exact engine.  That's worse than what Nintendo does because they rebuild Mario from the ground up every time.  That's why you only see 1-2 3D mario/Zelda games a generation in comparison with Naughty Dog who made 4 games because they could cut costs on the engine.  Not to mention they have stated they intend to continue using that engine on the PS4 as well.  

I didn't say that they don't have other franchises other than FPS, I said they are getting worse and more generic.  Their variety is getting narrower and narrower.  

I have to bold that load of bs for everyone else to read, see if they get the lolz out of it like i did.

Beyond two souls, Afrika, Flower, Folklore, Genji, Formula one, Infamous, Singstar, Buzz, Eye of judgement, Demon Souls, Calling all cars, White Knight,  Carnival Island, Twisted Metal, Untold Legends, Tokyo Jungle, The Unfinished Swan, Gran turismo, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, GOW, Heavy Rain, Lair, Kung fo rider, Journey, Fat princess , LB, LBP karting, Modnation, Medieval Moves, Pixeljunk racer eden, PS battle royal, Puppeteer, ratchet and clank, Siren, SLy Cooper, Sorcery, TV Superstars, The Fight.  And more but that should suffice.  Not fps.

Sony sells PS based on variety and it always has, something for everyone.  A message that is lost on nintendo.

So ND making 4 games on an engine is a negative, lol discussing anything with you is a waste of time.  Using an engine multiple time is so bad, bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah lol to funny, ahh men only ninty supporters are capable of that.  Ohh noe they will use a great engine they have to make more great games, woe is gaming all is lost.  I should go become moble ios gamer now lmao.

DarkD said:

TLOU was not a risk.  Sony sells itself on making violent games and coming out with new franchises all the time.  TLOU was the norm for Sony, and it wasn't a risk at all.  You make a zombie game and you are guaranteed to make your money back even if the console fails.  Look at ZombiU for that.  I credit them for making new characters all the time, but the gameplay is as unimaginative as it gets.  

And what would Sony's alternative be for playing it safe anyways?  They don't have a lot of franchises to rehash you know.  If it makes them a lot of money they rehash it like everything else.  

Yes I have admitted how many times now that Nintendo reuses characters...  So what..  They change the gameplay up every time so what does it matter.  Which is exactly what you still haven't defended on Sony's part yet.  They just drop new characters into the same engine.  That's why they churned those games out so fast, they just changed the characters and used the same exact engine.  That's worse than what Nintendo does because they rebuild Mario from the ground up every time.  That's why you only see 1-2 3D mario/Zelda games a generation in comparison with Naughty Dog who made 4 games because they could cut costs on the engine.  Not to mention they have stated they intend to continue using that engine on the PS4 as well.  

I didn't say that they don't have other franchises other than FPS, I said they are getting worse and more generic.  Their variety is getting narrower and narrower.  

It seems both of you are just being a little emotional right now about things you are passionate about and there is nothing wrong with that. But both of you are kind of just making irrational false statements. For instance you say Nin reuses characthers but they change up the gameplay everytime. That is eseence is not true a game like Mario that you all have beeing using for isntance STILL has the same basic gameplay whether it be 2D or 3D the concept/gameplay is pretty much the same. But those games work for Nin so there is no issue with that so they can keep doing it.

You also say Sony has lately only being catering to Shooter/Sports fans which is also far from the truth looking at their Roster of games...LBP, Journey, Puppeteer, Heavy Rain, Sly, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xilla etc just to name a few. Not generic or anything like you said.

BeElite is basically saying that Nin only makes kiddy games and has been for years. Hyrule Warrios says hello, Xenoblace Chronicles, Devil's Third, Ex Oblivione etc to name a few(sorry I am not as good with the Wii U lol).

My point being both of you just need to accept the opinions of each  other and let the arugment go because now both parties are just basically going back and forth down playing what the other said...sorry to butt in to the convo but it was just getting a little out of hand...IMO

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

BeElite is basically saying that Nin only makes kiddy games and has been for years. Hyrule Warrios says hello, Xenoblace Chronicles, Devil's Third, Ex Oblivione etc to name a few(sorry I am not as good with the Wii U lol).

Show me where I said that ??? now reality migh be that, and them showing mario in everyhting might mean that.  i didint out rigth say that, i know they make a few other things, but its mario mario mario spin of mario sports something else mario mario spin of and more mario.  

Around the Network
BeElite said:I have to bold that load of bs for everyone else to read, see if they get the lolz out of it like i did.

Beyond two souls, Afrika, Flower, Folklore, Genji, Formula one, Infamous, Singstar, Buzz, Eye of judgement, Demon Souls, Calling all cars, White Knight,  Carnival Island, Twisted Metal, Untold Legends, Tokyo Jungle, The Unfinished Swan, Gran turismo, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, GOW, Heavy Rain, Lair, Kung fo rider, Journey, Fat princess , LB, LBP karting, Modnation, Medieval Moves, Pixeljunk racer eden, PS battle royal, Puppeteer, ratchet and clank, Siren, SLy Cooper, Sorcery, TV Superstars, The Fight.  And more but that should suffice.  Not fps.

Sony sells PS based on variety and it always has, something for everyone.  A message that is lost on nintendo.

So ND making 4 games on an engine is a negative, lol discussing anything with you is a waste of time.  Using an engine multiple time is so bad, bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah lol to funny, ahh men only ninty supporters are capable of that.  Ohh noe they will use a great engine they have to make more great games, woe is gaming all is lost.  I should go become moble ios gamer now lmao.

I said recent games.  They have been getting fewer as of late.  PS4 release had Knack, and this year has Infamouse and Little Big Planet 3..  3 games.  No I don't count indie's in that list.

I could say the exact same thing about Mario.  Nintendo makes a new engine every game which happens to use Mario and that's a bad thing?  New engine means original gameplay.  A concept lost on ND.  

Sony and MS are similiar in my opinion.    Nintendo always has a different niche.  I think that as long as Nintendo creates quality games there will be room for  3.  If they were not around, my family wouldn't have a console.  Simple as that.  Let's not forget that MS is the currently #3 not Nintendo.   

TheBlackNaruto said:

It seems both of you are just being a little emotional right now about things you are passionate about and there is nothing wrong with that. But both of you are kind of just making irrational false statements. For instance you say Nin reuses characthers but they change up the gameplay everytime. That is eseence is not true a game like Mario that you all have beeing using for isntance STILL has the same basic gameplay whether it be 2D or 3D the concept/gameplay is pretty much the same. But those games work for Nin so there is no issue with that so they can keep doing it.

You also say Sony has lately only being catering to Shooter/Sports fans which is also far from the truth looking at their Roster of games...LBP, Journey, Puppeteer, Heavy Rain, Sly, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xilla etc just to name a few. Not generic or anything like you said.

My point being both of you just need to accept the opinions of each  other and let the arugment go because now both parties are just basically going back and forth down playing what the other said...sorry to butt in to the convo but it was just getting a little out of hand...IMO

I never denied that mario is still a platformer.  If you took out Sackboy from LBP and put in Mario you could make that exact same statement that the same basic gameplay is the same.  Yes jumping puzzles is part of platforming game genre.  

Second point, I said they are getting narrower in recent games on the PS4.  I didn't say they didn't have them, I said they were being phased out.  

I know right, I dont have space for the PS4

BeElite said:
True 3 means one will always be the runt of the litter. By the way ninty does not need its own hardware to make great games, sooner or later they and their fans will have to accept and embrace that.

It is coming. It would be better for Ninteno as well as for gamers in general.