By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VIII is trash

Well put it this way I liked FF8 better then a cockslap to the face, it was kinda weird and broken to me the first play through but second time I played it about 4 years later it was actually decent, I like limiting the things you can do as so many RPGs since the end of SNES to beginning of PS1 days started to let you have way over powered teams and created little to no challenge. FF8 is no where near my favorite RPG, but as far as FF series it definitely ranks higher then FFX and FFX-2, seem as uninteresting as FFXII and FFXIII, I guess FFX-2 killed most of the interest to me >_> but still its around the middle for me on FF list and a decent RPG all around, I've just seen better.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

^i would rather play parasite eve then ff8...i think i will tonight

Parasite Eve. That's a series in need of a revival!

^agreed last i heard there was a third one on the way...but it was for cell phones

Ya I wasn't a big fan of VIII eithor. If you haven't played it I would say try VI on the SNES. I'd say thats one of the best games ever.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

FFVIII was the worst Final Fantasy since FFII(japanese numbering) up until X, which was seriously an abomination.

Played 7, loved it. Couldn't wait for 8, but I hated it for one reason:

Magic. The system sucked balls.

Other than that, it was a decent game. I LOVED the TCG minigame. I'd buy that as an XBLA game in an instant.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

You know what pisses me off? I mean, really, REALLY gets under my skin. Annoying users who complain about something that is 10 years old. Square didn't develop a game just for you? Boo hoo, get over it.

Brawl FC: 0774-3927-9239

"Do you think you could get any more spittle on those fishy lips of yours?" All characters depicted are really stupid and disgusting. Any similarities to actual persons would be really sad.

i approve of this thread

Bingoo said:
FF 8 is my favorite of the series (along with 7)

Your opinion is not fact...there are people in here that are complimenting 12 and i think its easily the worst of the series but im not going to dig into it

My opinion would be fact if I dumpeda copy of the game in a trash bin.

Also, FF12 is better than FF8, not sure why you brought it up unless you were just talking about FF's that are better than 8, which be pretty much the entire series.

Gimic300 said

You know what pisses me off? I mean, really, REALLY gets under my skin.

Annoying users who complain about something that is 10 years old.

Square didn't develop a game just for you? Boo hoo, get over it.

You know what gets under my skin? Nothing, the internet doesn't bother me.

I'd also hope Square didn't develop that game just for anyone, that would be like harrassment considering how bad the game is. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"