By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yoshida: Uncharted a good candidate for remaster

i'd buy a mcc style uncharted compilation quite happily. ..especially if they can get it next summer before uncharted 4.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
What they should do, is wait till they release Uncharted 4 later this year, and then next year release a "remastered" version, like 6 months after the fact. Why not?

At least get your information straight.

We wouldn't be getting these remasters if the consoles were backwards compatible. Think of it this way, they save money by not adding BC and then make remakes which give them more money when selling them instead of having the used game market just allowing old games to be played.

Clever Sony, clever.

Still better than a DRM check.

Hmm, pie.

McDonaldsGuy said:
Sony needs to be focusing on NEW games. So far there has been 0 reasons to get a PS4 (and before you say I am a fanboy: I think the same of the Xbox One).

People bash Nintendo for using the same characters over and over again... but at least they waited 10 years to do Wind Waker HD. Come on Sony!

7 years and counting since the first uncharted

Raziel123 said:

TLOUR is enough for ND. If they want to remaster Uncharted they should give that to a different studio

I think the guys (and gals) at ND want to remain in control of their games, old and new, I doubt they will sub contract this to anyone outside their control, especially not Uncharted as it is one of the biggest Playstation IP... These ports require relatively small teams too, maybe 10 - 15 people for a few months, this is like an indie title!

Around the Network

If they remaster Uncharted, please:
- Let another studio do it. TLoU took them 1 year, I can't imagine how long 3 Uncharted games will take
- Completely update the game, don't just update the resolution and framerate
- Bundle all 3 games together

Ps4 owners are suckers, if they released Ride to hell remastered you'd all buy it

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus.

DevilRising said:
What they should do, is wait till they release Uncharted 4 later this year, and then next year release a "remastered" version, like 6 months after the fact. Why not?

I hadn't realized PS5 was coming out 6 months after Uncharted 4.

A good portion of the PS4 fanbase is going to come from the PS3. Sony should hold back on remastering every single game they've ever released and make some exclusives so all the fans can have new titles to play and not just those who are new to the Playstation family.

Remember when people laughed about Wii U's ports of old games? PS4 and Bone have both already more ports of lastgen games. Rofl