By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

BillyBong said:
Chris Hu said:

Not only is Horizon 2 a game with more content it will aslo be a much deeper game since its a simcade (actually even more of a sim then the first game since all the cars will be tuneable) while DriveClub will be very shallow arcade racer (no upgrades no tuning) just like the first Motorstorm game.

lol.. sure thing bud.  guess all those midnight clubs and need for speeds are sims because the cars were tuneable..  keep on the keepin on.. 

Not sure about Need for Speed but I own Midnight Club: LA the complete edition and the cars in that game are not tuneable you can upgrade them just like you could the cars in the first Horizon game but they are not tuneable.

Around the Network
akhmenhawk said:
Chris Hu said:
BillyBong said:
Chris Hu said:

LOL your funny the facts are already out there and the plain fact is that Horizon 2 will have a lot mot more content but some people can't handle the truth and you are one of them.

how does "more" content = a better game?  does that mean GT over everything Forza because it had "more" content?  Or the fact that 1 GT title has "more" content than every Forza game ever combined?  DC doesn't need as much content to do what it's setting out to do.. are you that afraid and insecure that a game with "less" content can potentially be at par or be better than a game with "more" content?  how well are you handling that truth?  it's just games dude..

Not only is Horizon 2 a game with more content it will aslo be a much deeper game since its a simcade (actually even more of a sim then the first game since all the cars will be tuneable) while DriveClub will be very shallow arcade racer (no upgrades no tuning) just like the first Motorstorm game.

the insecurity is strong with this one.

Not insecure at all a lot of people are going to eat crow on September the 30th.

Both look like crappy GIFs =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Chris Hu said:
akhmenhawk said:
Chris Hu said:
BillyBong said:
Chris Hu said:

LOL your funny the facts are already out there and the plain fact is that Horizon 2 will have a lot mot more content but some people can't handle the truth and you are one of them.

how does "more" content = a better game?  does that mean GT over everything Forza because it had "more" content?  Or the fact that 1 GT title has "more" content than every Forza game ever combined?  DC doesn't need as much content to do what it's setting out to do.. are you that afraid and insecure that a game with "less" content can potentially be at par or be better than a game with "more" content?  how well are you handling that truth?  it's just games dude..

the insecurity is strong with this one.

Not insecure at all a lot of people are going to eat crow on September the 30th.

No one's going to be eating crow. All we're saying is for you to stop making assumptions and blindly ignoring the credible points being made. Your metacritic comparisons were rather moot with only few point differences, you assume an 80 average is somehow 'not stellar', you make the claim that sim=tuneable, you ignore that driveclub, as well as horizon 2, can improve and falter when compared to their other works, you hammer on how horizon 2 is undeniably instantaneously better than horizon 1 simply from a few gameplay videos and PR talk. In short, Get your head out of your ass,

It's a bit more complicated than open world / not open world, since Drive club features point to point race, dozens of kilometers courses as you go through all the "environement" (Scotland, Chile, ...) They also have to draw the whole environement even if they close some sections of the environement, which is obviously a gameplay choice.

I dont think the technical constraints between the two are that different, the gamedesign is on the other hand.

Around the Network

Your reading comprehension is way off I never said that Horzion 2 is a sim racer.  

Chris Hu said:

Your reading comprehension is way off I never said that Horzion 2 is a sim racer.  

"(actually even more of a sim then the first game since all the cars will be tuneable) "

Your making the implication that tuning makes a game more sim-like, which is incorrect.

I never stated that you said that horizon 2 is a sim racer, only that your method of causality is faulty.

Your reading comprehension is way off.

akhmenhawk said:
Chris Hu said:

"(actually even more of a sim then the first game since all the cars will be tuneable) "

Your making the implication that tuning makes a game more sim-like, which is incorrect.

I never stated that you said that horizon 2 is a sim racer, only that your method of causality is faulty.

Again your reading compehenison is way off or you are just clueless about sim racers.  One key feature of all sim racers is that all the cars are fully tuneable.

Chris Hu said:
akhmenhawk said:
Chris Hu said:

Again your reading compehenison is way off or you are just clueless about sim racers.  One key feature of all sim racers is that all the cars are fully tuneable.

However lack thereof doesnt mean that driveclub is not sim-like. Its an arcade-sim.

Also, try counter asserting the other points being made instead of moving goalposts.

Whatever get ready to eat some crow on September the 30th.