By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is the wii critic proof? (numbers inside)

^^

i think every developer has its skeletons, even capcom.

or have you forgotten about the 50 combined street fighter and mega man games, most of which were rehashes.

Around the Network
tastyshovelware said:
^^

i think every developer has its skeletons, even capcom.

or have you forgotten about the 50 combined street fighter and mega man games, most of which were rehashes.

Oh, Capcom is in no way perfect. I'm just a big Capcom fanboy, and that's why I went with them. They're my personal favorites, not "the best developers in the world". lol

I just think that Zen's post is a complete joke. Nintendo being the best developer in the world is a statement that cracks me up. There are so many things in gaming that other developers do way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Nintendo could ever do them.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

mostly agreed. But I think the max potential of Nintendo developed games matches that from the other big dogs.

Games like galaxy and metroid prime 3 are just as polished and grand in scoop as bioshock and CoD4 (from a perspective relative to each systems power and the games core direction).

I do believe nintendo is the single most marketable developer across the globe. And yes, sometimes that allows them to get away with publishing games that aren't.... up to par.

:)

tastyshovelware said:
mostly agreed. But I think the max potential of Nintendo developed games matches that from the other big dogs.

Games like galaxy and metroid prime 3 are just as polished and grand in scoop as bioshock and CoD4 (from a perspective relative to each systems power and the games core direction).

I do believe nintendo is the single most marketable developer across the globe. And yes, sometimes that allows them to get away with publishing games that aren't.... up to par.

:)

Nintendo can stand up to any other developer out there, no doubt about it. But there are others out there that can do the same. For example, I strongly believe that Sony has the best all-around first party development this gen, not Nintendo. Sony's game go far and beyond Nintendo's game this gen, in my opinion. See, what you believe to be true about Nintendo, I believe it about Sony. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

oh no, i believe sony is great too and has tons of great stuff.

I just think nintendo can make stuff just as good (once again, relative to the system they're working on and the types of games they're making) but also has a name that everyone associates with gaming right off the bat. Sony developed and published games are important to the ps3's future success, but without the 1st party titles to rake in most of the press and cash, the wii would have a much tougher time standing out. which I think is credit to nintendo that, at the moment, they are a one man band.

ps. your ryu vs morgan distracts me now that im tired.

Around the Network

Games with best review average does not necessarily result in titles. Reviewers scores are just some video game expert's opinion on the game. This opinion may not truly reflect everyone elses opinion on the game. Games sell by consumers buying the games they like and most do not care about review scores. If a young child likes the look of the game, the parents will buy the game for the child regardless of quality.

Sorta intresting.

I think the Sales of RE4 warrents a new RE for Wii. Can't wait for E3. Hope I won't be dissapointed :p