By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Versus E3 Results are in!!!!!

Pavolink said:
Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:
Nothing surprising. The other two can't match Nintendo presence when they do the right moves. I guess I was wrong believing a press conference was necessary, but ok.

Nintendo has the best E3 ever with all those successful conferences translated into behemont sales for Wii and DS.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Pavolink is a greau user for addressing he was wrong.

Anyone can be wrong. I was wrong believing a press conference was necessary, Nintendo was wrong developing some games, Ryan was wrong buying How to train your dragoon 2, Sony fans are wrong buying playstation rather than Nintengod consoles, everyone can be wrong.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ohmylanta1003 said:
highwayuni said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
highwayuni said:
I was equally disappointed with all three. The only games that interested me was Project Spark and GTAV. It was nice to see what Zelda U will look like too.

If Nintendo won then it was a pretty weak win in my opinion.

Nintendo can't win anything without someone making up some bullshit excuse as to why they won.

Where did I make an excuse? I just said that in MY OPINION that all three conferences were lacklustre. For the majority of good games, we will have to wait for another year until they get released. 

They won. But then instead of just accepting the fact that they won, you had to try and downplay it by saying it was "weak". And there is no "if" like you said. They did win. And handily according to the poll.

I hate coming off as condescending but I am going to say this one more time since you are having a bit of trouble understanding what I am trying to say.

It is in my OPINION (I have already said this twice and even put it in caps lock on the second time) that their win was a weak one. Why do you care if I try to downplay it? I already know that they won the poll. I am just stating MY OPINION. I was let down by all three of then and did not see Nintendo's as the triumph that others claim it to be. Stop being sensitive.

Nintendo > Microsoft > Sony.
That's how I felt about E3, and it's funny how Nintendo dominated this year with having the least amount of games but they were all high quality first-party stuff.

Pavolink said:
Mr Khan said:

Anyone can be wrong. I was wrong believing a press conference was necessary, Nintendo was wrong developing some games, Ryan was wrong buying How to train your dragoon 2, Sony fans are wrong buying playstation rather than Nintengod consoles, everyone can be wrong.

It wasn't a statement about you never being wrong, but you were one of the more vocal critics of their decision to continue the "digital event" approach this year.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Sony > MS >>> Nintendo

Nintendo might have edged sony and MS in some peoples opinion, but even if we take that as a fact, their failure to announce multiplatforms cannot be overlooked.

If nintendo were just a developer/publisher, then yeah they would have won, but as a platform holder, not even close.

Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:
Mr Khan said:

It wasn't a statement about you never being wrong, but you were one of the more vocal critics of their decision to continue the "digital event" approach this year.

Well, I was gladly wrong. Thankfully Nintendo proved how he is still the best. They have restored some faith.

this 100% means,,,more Nintendo fans voted compared to sony/ms fans... it is summer vacation and kids are home from school and have more time to visit sites like ign....this is ALL that means imo

larrysdirtydrawss said:
this 100% means,,,more Nintendo fans voted compared to sony/ms fans... it is summer vacation and kids are home from school and have more time to visit sites like ign....this is ALL that means imo

But if kids would have voted it would have won the conference with COD and Uncharted, not the one with Zelda.

Salnax said:
Madword said:

No, for me Nintendo have never won... I just don't like their games....but except for MS's disaster last year, Nintendo have had some really terrible years while the other two have had some mediocre ones :)

Now I'm confused. Your first post suggested that the winner of E3 was based on following hardware sales, but then you say that it's a subjective victory. Which is it?

IMO, Nintendo has the most varied E3 presentations in modern times (since 2007 or so). E3 2008 was quite possibly the worst E3 from the Big 3 in years (let's not discuss it too deeply for my own sake), but E3 2010, just two years later, was in my opinion the best E3 conference of the generation, based on the viewpoint of how many notable games were announced and shown for both the Wii and handhelds. This even included traditional areas of weakness from Nintendo, such as 3rd party games, some shooters, etc.

Dont be confused, both statements can be true. :)

Personally I dont like Nintendo games, so it doesnt really matter how they present, the games are not from me. But from a market point of view, all that matters is does the E3 conference make the console seem more appealing that it did previously and will it over time sell more.. I'm not convinced by that. But the market will speak in the next few months.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!