By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shovel Knight: Where to buy?

Tagged games:

They said that they want to add more content instead of dropping the price.

And the're considering crossbuy for Wii U/3DS.

About controls: the GamePad/Pro Controller D-Pad is way better than the 3DS D-Pad. Which PC-Pad do you have?

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:

Are you people kidding me? I've never heard so many people say $15 dollars is overpriced for a _good_ game. Meanwhile, $60 bucks for a rehashed COD sequel or another AC is perfectly fine.

Then some of you are complaining about cross buy? So, let me get this straight... You want an indie title on both the Wii U and the 3DS while only spending $10 bucks? ROFLMAO!!

If I were Yacht Games, I wouldn't want your business if you thought my game was only worth $5 dollars.

Well you're bold, aren't you? :P

I don't buy many games at full price. Certainly not every CoD and AC. $15 seems right about a decent value, that's why I'm looking to buy it, but cross buy at $15 or simply being priced at $10 would make it pretty much a no-brainer! But as it stands I'll knock it down the priority ladder a bit and buy it when the backlog's smaller (as I should anyway). I also have to admit, though, my view is a little tainted by just coming from the Steam sale.

Your assumption that wanting cross-buy means I think the game is worth $5 isn't true in my case at least. Currently, buying the game on two systems would cost me $30. It's probably not worth that. I'm not paying $15 again to have the same experience elsewhere. Nothing's going to tempt me to actually buy it both places. I would play it on both systems if I had it, though. It would be a great way for them to add value to my purchase without expending any resources or losing any income, because who is going to purchase it again anyway?

I'm still thinking about where to buy. What do you think?

Skidonti said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Are you people kidding me? I've never heard so many people say $15 dollars is overpriced for a _good_ game. Meanwhile, $60 bucks for a rehashed COD sequel or another AC is perfectly fine.

Then some of you are complaining about cross buy? So, let me get this straight... You want an indie title on both the Wii U and the 3DS while only spending $10 bucks? ROFLMAO!!

If I were Yacht Games, I wouldn't want your business if you thought my game was only worth $5 dollars.

Well you're bold, aren't you? :P

I don't buy many games at full price. Certainly not every CoD and AC. $15 seems right about a decent value, that's why I'm looking to buy it, but cross buy at $15 or simply being priced at $10 would make it pretty much a no-brainer! But as it stands I'll knock it down the priority ladder a bit and buy it when the backlog's smaller (as I should anyway). I also have to admit, though, my view is a little tainted by just coming from the Steam sale.

Your assumption that wanting cross-buy means I think the game is worth $5 isn't true in my case at least. Currently, buying the game on two systems would cost me $30. It's probably not worth that. I'm not paying $15 again to have the same experience elsewhere. Nothing's going to tempt me to actually buy it both places. I would play it on both systems if I had it, though. It would be a great way for them to add value to my purchase without expending any resources or losing any income, because who is going to purchase it again anyway?

I'm still thinking about where to buy. What do you think?

We have people who are comparing a 25 year-old game to a week and a half year-old game; and then saying because that 25 year old game is 3 bucks, then Shovel Knight should also be 3 bucks.

People like that are used to having games handed to them for free, and if I were Yacht Games, I'd wouldn't want their business. 

As for crossbuy: Yacht Games gains nothing from having it. They won't lose customers or gain customers with it. Like having fries with ketchup. It's just that little extra thing to make customers happy, but not necessarily a thing that'll make them money.

Never understood cross buy as youll likely just play it on one system anyway. Id say Wii U for the bigger screen, thats what im going to do.

Easily Wii U. The diary feature is quite cool and upcoming local multiplayer make Wii U the platform of choice.

Around the Network

$15 too much? Wow.

Shovel Knight is a very good game, it deserves all the praise it has been getting lately. Absolutely worth the $15 IMO.

I'm pretty sure 3DS version plays just about the same just on a smaller screen. If you like playing games on the go, I would recommend getting it for your 3DS.

I don't think it's worth the price tag. Is a completely overrated game.

I'd say go for the portability of 3DS. It's not like HD graphics really help much.

I'm interested in this game but I don't have a WiiU. I was thinking of buying it for 3DS but maybe it would be a better idea to buy a WiiU first because I had some trouble playing platform games with the 3DS small buttons.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Get it on Wii U. If you want a handheld-experience, you can always play it on the GamePad's screen.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046