By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shovel Knight: Where to buy?

Tagged games:

So, people have been giving the simple Shovel Knight a good amount of praise the last week and it seems right up my alley. When more of my gaming time frees up (meaning I clear out some of the backlog) I'm highly considering picking it up. Especially if a sale happens in that time, but I don't think I'd have many qualms spending the requisite $15 once I actually have time.

But, still without a cross buy option on my WiiU and 3DS XL, I'll have to choose between them. I am mainly concerned with the Nintendo versions, unless there is something really special about the PC release I am not aware of. So, any owners/backers/enthusiasts, what are your opinions? Does one have better controls? How are 3D visuals? On the go or better on a TV? Where's best to buy this game?

Around the Network

I'm not touching it without cross buy. $15 is over priced as it is.

Yeah, the fact that Shovel Knight isn't cross-buy is the one thing that's keeping me from buying Shovel Knight at the moment. Iunno, maybe a third option is to buy it on Steam and play it on a laptop?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

spemanig said:

I'm not touching it without cross buy. $15 is over priced as it is.

I kinda feel that way. If it were $10 (especially with cross buy) I'd probably just impulse buy it. Though when it comes down to it in this case I've saved money on a lot of other games over time and an extra $5 really isn't much at all. And I haven't checked but I might have enough digital deluxe credit to get $5 covered. (at least it's a cross-sytem wallet...)

I figure if I'm going to buy any eshop game in the coming 2 months I'd like it to be this one, from what people say, so I thought I'd ask.

Are you people kidding me? I've never heard so many people say $15 dollars is overpriced for a _good_ game. Meanwhile, $60 bucks for a rehashed COD sequel or another AC is perfectly fine.

Then some of you are complaining about cross buy? So, let me get this straight... You want an indie title on both the Wii U and the 3DS while only spending $10 bucks? ROFLMAO!!

If I were Yacht Games, I wouldn't want your business if you thought my game was only worth $5 dollars.

Around the Network

Im getting it for the WiiU. Dont really use my 3DS much outside my home anyway.

Steam is the correct answer.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

3DS. Platformers work in handhelds better, in my opinion.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

QuintonMcLeod said:

Are you people kidding me? I've never heard so many people say $15 dollars is overpriced for a _good_ game. Meanwhile, $60 bucks for a rehashed COD sequel or another AC is perfectly fine.

Then some of you are complaining about cross buy? So, let me get this straight... You want an indie title on both the Wii U and the 3DS while only spending $10 bucks? ROFLMAO!!

If I were Yacht Games, I wouldn't want your business if you thought my game was only worth $5 dollars.

i still think 10$ is too high for this game considering Masterpeices like Mario 3 and ALTTP are only 5-8$ and both look and play just as well if not better.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
QuintonMcLeod said: