By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Sunset Overdrive Xbox One Bundle to Strike This Holiday Season

Rumor: Sunset Overdrive Xbox One Bundle to Strike This Holiday Season

A Destiny combatant in training.

July 5th, 2014

Want an Xbox One, but waiting for a bundle before jumping in? This holiday season may have something for you.

During today's RTX Live conference in Austin, Texas, a live stream posted the following:

They were asked if there will be a special edition Xbox One for the game available. There answer was: "Stay tuned!".

Previously, a well-known insider that goes by the name Ntkrnl proposed that a white Xbox One bundle with a "fancy ass controller" and a copy of Sunset Overdrive would land later this year. As with many of his other leaks which eventually came true (including Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Crackdown 3 confirmation pre-announcement), it appears he may have been right after all.

Sony will be releasing a Destiny PS4 Bundle later this year, and based upon initial impressions it's going to sell a lot of units. Microsoft needs something of its own to compete. Sunset Overdrive may be a solid choice given it's the biggest Xbox One exclusive of this holiday season. 

Ntkrnl also leaked that a 1TB Xbox One would be available this November. If the Sunset Overdrive bundle is real, chances are the 1TB bundle would be as well. It's currently unclear if the aforementioned Sunset Overdrive Bundle will include Kinect.

While this is by no means official, there's enough evidence to conclude that it's likely true. Stay tuned for an announcement from Microsoft.

Source: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/719537-rumor-sunset-overdrive-xbox-one-bundle-to-strike-this-holiday-season

Around the Network

They're putting a lot of faith in this IP. Makes me really wonder how well it will sell.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
They're putting a lot of faith in this IP. Makes me really wonder if it'll be worth it.

Why not? This game looks fun. When I get Xbox One this will be the first game I purchase.

daredevil.shark said:
vivster said:
They're putting a lot of faith in this IP. Makes me really wonder if it'll be worth it.

Why not? This game looks fun. When I get Xbox One this will be the first game I purchase.

Bad phrasing from me. Of course it will be worth it for both gamers and Microsoft.

But it makes me really wonder what it'll sell and what kind of boost it'll bring for the X1. Kind of a completely blank slate, hard to predict.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:
vivster said:

Bad phrasing from me. Of course it will be worth it for both gamers and Microsoft.

But it makes me really wonder what it'll sell and what kind of boost it'll bring for the X1. Kind of a completely blank slate, hard to predict.

Microsoft wants to diversify Xbox One image. Just like Sony they dont want to have the image of shooter box for their system. Slowly they want to increase their console appeal to all type of gamers.

Around the Network

Its great that there is a new bundle but Microsoft really should have paid Bungie for the Destiny bundle. That will be huge and PS4 will sell loads.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Still expecting a Master Chief Collection bundle.

A white console could really generate some hype, which in turn could provide a good marketing push for the game.
The only drawback is its release date, in a jam-packed few weeks, with at least 3 shooter competitors. I can't help but think that, no matter how well this game does, it would have done much better with a different release date.

My prediction has always been a SO bundle, but I believe the game will be included for free, and with a decently large user base, SO2 could have makings of a blockbuster.

This won't be any kind of competition for the Destiny bundle, and I'm not sure why they would pick this game specifically to bundle anyway. I guess to help boost sales for a new ip, which I think it may need given the previews I have heard.

White console looks nice, I wonder if there will be two different ones with and without Kinect

i would like this white sunset overdrive bundle
and a black halo mcc bundle