By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - While I'm Here..

Ps3 said:
vivster said:
Oh please god no. The mods are already oversensitive about controversial issues, quickly branding an innocent joke as homophobia or racism when the context is as innocent as it could be. All these isms need to stop. 90% of the time those words are thrown around they are misdirected.

Misdirected, I think not. Sometimes the comments on this forum are so unbelievable I'm surprised feminist groups didn't try to protest the forums.

I'm pretty sure they're already protesting.

Most people(like you) don't even know what they're talking about when they throw these words around. Calling a different gender a slur is not automatically sexism or mysogyny.

Context and intent are important but those don't really get much attention anywhere these days.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Ps3 said:

This is exactly what I mean... Please take your sarcasm elsewhere. But the second I post such and such is a better musical artist than such and such, it gets attacked. It's a very horrible double standard on this website.

how about no?

if you can't handle the site i would suggest taking your extreme feminism else where, just because somebody called another women a whore does not mean he is sexist, the only one being prejudice and judgmental here is you. 

How many times do I have to say this??  I'm not gonna say it again. Maybe you should read the other comments in this thread before you reply. You just embarrassed yourself.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

vivster said:
Ps3 said:
vivster said:
Oh please god no. The mods are already oversensitive about controversial issues, quickly branding an innocent joke as homophobia or racism when the context is as innocent as it could be. All these isms need to stop. 90% of the time those words are thrown around they are misdirected.

Misdirected, I think not. Sometimes the comments on this forum are so unbelievable I'm surprised feminist groups didn't try to protest the forums.

I'm pretty sure they're already protesting.

Most people(like you) don't even know what they're talking about when they throw these words around. Calling a different gender a slur is not automatically sexism or mysogyny.

And what makes you the professional, and by the way, this may come as news for you, but I'm no female.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Ps3 said:
bananaking21 said:

how about no?

if you can't handle the site i would suggest taking your extreme feminism else where, just because somebody called another women a whore does not mean he is sexist, the only one being prejudice and judgmental here is you. 

How many times do I have to say this??  I'm not gonna say it again. Maybe you should read the other comments in this thread before you reply. You just embarrassed yourself.

trust me buddy, i am not the one embarassing myself here. 

i wont be bothered reading every comment in this thread because i am not interested in wasting my time reading how other people think your opinions are false and borderline ridiculous. if you have an opnion to say to me then say it to me directly, unless of course you know that you can not hold up your side of the arguement. 

Is this thread serious?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Ps3 said:
bananaking21 said:

how about no?

trust me buddy, i am not the one embarassing myself here. 

i wont be bothered reading every comment in this thread because i am not interested in wasting my time reading how other people think your opinions are false and borderline ridiculous. if you have an opnion to say to me then say it to me directly, unless of course you know that you can not hold up your side of the arguement. 

Actually some people in here agreed with me, so your OPINION isn't valid. You're being really mean and making people crinkle their nose at your post.

DerNebel said:
Is this thread serious?

Why wouldn't it be? Oh, yeah... I know exactly why.

Ps3 said:
brendude13 said:
Making fun of Taylor Swift does not make you misogynistic.

Also, people were obviously taking the piss out of your thread. Tone down your threads and this won't happen again.

I don't have to tone down NOTHING. I know my 1st ammendment rights and I can say whatever I want as long as I'm not hurting anyone. However, people cannot say sexist things, because it isn't right!

Nobody from the Government is attempting to curb your Free speech.

Ps3 said:
DerNebel said:
Is this thread serious?

Why?

Wright said:
Ps3 said:
DerNebel said:
Is this thread serious?

Why?

Because the topic I'm addressing isn't ever taken seriously, and it INFURIATES me.