By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movies that make you cry :'(

Grave of the Fireflies, nothing else even came close.

Around the Network

I've never cried while watching any movie ever, maybe it's because I don't watch a lot of movies :P

jigokutamago said:
Only this random Asian movie about a random grandma.

Summer Wars?

(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

That movie brought a tear to my eye mainly from the grandmother's will scene where she was telling the family to make her funeral brief and move on. Because that reminded about when my mother was telling me not to mourn about her for long and move one. I'm paraphrasing here but she told me "Cremate me and don't make my funeral a big (long) deal" we preomised that for her in the end.  

Second movie was Old Yeller; being a dog lover and all.

Only one movie can make me cry no matter how many times I watch it:

Click

Yup, the Adam Sandler movie. Tears me to pieces.

CladInShadows said:
The opening scene in Up.

This is the one for me too, there ARE others, but this one gets me EVERY time! I love the song.

Around the Network

Braveheart - while Mel Gibson was being tortured near the end

Xenobot said:
Lion king!

Do not trust a person who was not crying for the lion king

Honestly, after watching almost every Disney movie in existence, I have come to the conclusion that I don't like The Lion King and Even the scene with Simba can't Get me to move in the slightest.  Howver, Two of the incredibly few movies to actually make me cry were Frozen during the "do you want to build a snowman" scene (yeah yeah I knowm its old to sit and rabe about that movie but dam was it awesome) and the end of The Secret World of Ariety.  I still haven't watched Grave of the Fireflies to see my reaction.

On an unrelated note, the only book to ever truely make me cry was the very last pahe of Watership Down.  I wept like a little baby.

The Land Before Time
ET
King Kong '05
Grave of the Fireflies

Oh yeah, and I literally cried with laughter my first time seeing 22 Jump Street.

Only two.. Marley and Me, and Toy Story 3

Check out my Destiny clan: Our Creation [oC] on alpha.bungie.net!

Check me out on YouTube at youtube.com/quicknsnappy

PS4 PSN: Quick-N-Snappy