By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Defends Against Claims That PS4 Lacks Exclusives This Holiday

-CraZed- said:
Isn't Forza Horizon 2 slated for the 360 as well? To me it looks as though MS has ONE true exclusive here and that is Sunset Overdrive. While Sony has infamous first light and Drive Club.
If anyone on any side of this argument can say with a straight face either of those constitutes a "better" lineup than the other they are just being ridiculous.

This holiday season will come down to the third party stuff and right now the lead platform has the advantage here.

You're forgetting Halo MCC

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:

The only thing that helps the PS4 growth is the CoD crowd and people claiming it as the "best console ever". My brother bought a PS4 at launch, barely plays it. A friend of mine up in Ottawa bought a PS4, he sold his Assassins Creed 4 for PS4 after buying it on PC. The lack of exclusives, and truely exclusive titles is annoying. Only exclusive I want is also coming to PS3 this fall (Little Big Planet 3). 

So you think the COD crowd is what is driving PS4 growth? Really? COD after the trash that was COD Ghosts that's your thought? Not being funny or attacking you but that in no way makes sense. It can't be that people see value in the PS4 and are choosing it simply because it is the beter system? Which was also cheaper for a while? Or that some people actually like the exclusives games on it or coming to it? Like for example I am a HUGE KZ and Infamouse fan so those are two huge selling points for me. Word is that A LOT of their F2P/downloadable games are better than most retail games right now on any system. So that is another plus.

Also again no attacking you but I can NOT stand when people use the "My friend/brother/sistes/cousin/coworker etc" did this so this this and this argument. Because for EVERY one of those arguments there is a counter for someone who knows someone that did the exact opposite. It's like a cop-out for lack of a better argument. The thing is all people seem to care about now are HUGE AAA exclusives whether they be good or bad which is not a good thing if you ask me seeing as 3rd party support has ALWAYS been the bread and butter for all consoles bar Nintendo systems. 

Lastly your last point summed up everything it is not that the console is lacking it is just that you personally do not want to play any of the ones they currently have. At least that is the assumption I got from you stating that all you wanted was LBP3.

Excuse me, is me calling them the dude-bro crowd much better? Seriously have you not seen most of the people who own PS4s are people are so called "MLG pro" "gangsta" wannabes. I've been online during a few Battlefield 4 matches, on PS4 mind you (since my brother vest "so much time" in to his PS4 i can borrow it), It's sickening. You're one of the few in a minority like me. We buy a console for games we like not because of the console itself. We are just part of a dying breed of gamers... The fact that Sony has been advertising the PS4 power is what drives the dude-bro gamers to buy it. The problem Sony is currently having is that the exclusives gamers are being left out to dry or just saying "forget it, it's coming to PS3 aswell". There is a lot I want to play, but Sony has made no incling on what franchises it plans to reboot this generation. Hell, I'm one of the few people who want another Syphon Filter game, or even the first one remade.  

amak11 said:

Excuse me, is me calling them the dude-bro crowd much better? Seriously have you not seen most of the people who own PS4s are people are so called "MLG pro" "gangsta" wannabes. I've been online during a few Battlefield 4 matches, on PS4 mind you (since my brother vest "so much time" in to his PS4 i can borrow it), It's sickening. You're one of the few in a minority like me. We buy a console for games we like not because of the console itself. We are just part of a dying breed of gamers... The fact that Sony has been advertising the PS4 power is what drives the dude-bro gamers to buy it. The problem Sony is currently having is that the exclusives gamers are being left out to dry or just saying "forget it, it's coming to PS3 aswell". There is a lot I want to play, but Sony has made no incling on what franchises it plans to reboot this generation. Hell, I'm one of the few people who want another Syphon Filter game, or even the first one remade.  

That's because what you are saying is not true lol. It is an assumption that they make up most PS4 owners nothing more. And again the exclusive gamers are not being left out by any means....especially for a console that is basically only 7months. And with plenty lined up for 2015 with even more that we do not know about I just don't get the logic behind the exclusive game thing. I say give it some time and if it is the same this time next year then MAYBE the argument would hold water but as of right now it is just silly if you ask me. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
amak11 said:

That's because what you are saying is not true lol. It is an assumption that they make up most PS4 owners nothing more. And again the exclusive gamers are not being left out by any means....especially for a console that is basically only 7months. And with plenty lined up for 2015 with even more that we do not know about I just don't get the logic behind the exclusive game thing. I say give it some time and if it is the same this time next year then MAYBE the argument would hold water but as of right now it is just silly if you ask me. 

It's true to a degree. Can't classify all the PS4 owners as "dude-bros" but I can put forth the claim that 1/4 of the current userbase are dude-bro gamers based on the last CoD selling (despite reviews saying it was shit). 2015 is too far away in my honest opinion, especially coming from a company who daringly at last years E3 took a huge jab at Nintendo for their drought is undergoing the same thing they said wouldn't happen. Frankly if I can jab at the lack of defining games on PS4, there is something wrong with that library because I usually find 1 or 2 games I want.  

amak11 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
amak11 said:

It's true to a degree. Can't classify all the PS4 owners as "dude-bros" but I can put forth the claim that 1/4 of the current userbase are dude-bro gamers based on the last CoD selling (despite reviews saying it was shit). 2015 is too far away in my honest opinion, especially coming from a company who daringly at last years E3 took a huge jab at Nintendo for their drought is undergoing the same thing they said wouldn't happen. Frankly if I can jab at the lack of defining games on PS4, there is something wrong with that library because I usually find 1 or 2 games I want.  

I can defintely understand that. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
-CraZed- said:
Isn't Forza Horizon 2 slated for the 360 as well? To me it looks as though MS has ONE true exclusive here and that is Sunset Overdrive. While Sony has infamous first light and Drive Club.
If anyone on any side of this argument can say with a straight face either of those constitutes a "better" lineup than the other they are just being ridiculous.

This holiday season will come down to the third party stuff and right now the lead platform has the advantage here.

But a compilation of games available on other systems isn't exclusive...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186372&page=1

Why are "exclusives" so important to people???

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

They're all murder games anyway. I'm so tired of video games that rely on guns/murder. I've been shooting and killing things since the 90's....it's getting old.

MikeRox said:
Dark Chaos said:
-CraZed- said:

But a compilation of games available on other systems isn't exclusive...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186372&page=1

Why are "exclusives" so important to people???

The multiplayer is available anymore on other systems for Halo 1 or Halo 2

Does anyone remember those times in 2006-2007 where everyone was screaming the PS3 has no games? Wasn't that retarded, hm?

Dark Chaos said:
-CraZed- said:

I left that out because it is a remastered edition like The Last of Us. Bith were a part of this arguemtn I figure they cancel each other out as far as "exclusives" go.