By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Research Firm Says Nintendo Amiibo Figures Are Among The Most Desired Smart Toys In US, Europe

Will you be buying Amiibo?

Yes, their Awesome! 114 54.29%

No they are for kids! 39 18.57%

Maybe 56 26.67%

Total:209
generic-user-1 said:
phaedruss said:
These things are such a blatant cash grab.

why? u can buy a little mario, and train him in mk and smash. and u can let them battle against your friends amiibos, your friends or play against them yourself.  u dont think 9,99$ is a good price for all the fun?

You don't need a little figurine for any of that.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
generic-user-1 said:
phaedruss said:

why? u can buy a little mario, and train him in mk and smash. and u can let them battle against your friends amiibos, your friends or play against them yourself.  u dont think 9,99$ is a good price for all the fun?

But it does make it more fun to do

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
phaedruss said:
generic-user-1 said:
phaedruss said:

But it does make it more fun to do

Does it? It seems to me it would be just as fun to have characters tied to your nnid that you could train and then transfer over wherever you went.

phaedruss said:
MDMAlliance said:
phaedruss said:

Isn't that the purpose?  There's no reason to treat a company trying to make money as something bad.  It doesn't hurt the consumer.

Lol what? Corporations are criticized all the time for shady business practices. That's the best way to keep them honet. I suppose we shouldn't complain about micro-transactions and pay 2 win BS in games either, eh? I don't really get this mentality.

What about this is shady?  Is your opinion of shady "something I wouldn't buy that would make money?"  
#1 Micro-transactions are not inherently bad, depending on how they are handled
#2 Pay to win models are used in F2P MMOs for the most part
Also, the kinds of things you're referring to DOES do something to "harm" the consumer in that case. Amiibo really doesn't.  You get it or you don't.  Its purpose in the game that we know of so far is not really anything of a big deal for those who play the game seriously.

those things sell like water here in Brasil

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

No doubt these things will greatly benefit Nintendo financially.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Wonder how much brand confusion will play into this. Doubtless many ignorant parents will expect this to work with the Wii.

MDMAlliance said:
phaedruss said:
MDMAlliance said:
phaedruss said:

Isn't that the purpose?  There's no reason to treat a company trying to make money as something bad.  It doesn't hurt the consumer.

Lol what? Corporations are criticized all the time for shady business practices. That's the best way to keep them honet. I suppose we shouldn't complain about micro-transactions and pay 2 win BS in games either, eh? I don't really get this mentality.

What about this is shady?  Is your opinion of shady "something I wouldn't buy that would make money?"  
#1 Micro-transactions are not inherently bad, depending on how they are handled
#2 Pay to win models are used in F2P MMOs for the most part
Also, the kinds of things you're referring to DOES do something to "harm" the consumer in that case. Amiibo really doesn't.  You get it or you don't.  Its purpose in the game that we know of so far is not really anything of a big deal for those who play the game seriously.

I'd guess that many parents would disagree. Shady is something that is designed to make you pay a lot of money for something that doesn't warrant it or targeted towards kids to make them get their parents to buy a lot of junk.

smart toys?

Can I finally call everything else dumb toys now?

I would children even know about the existence of Amiibos? I haven't seen or heard of any advertisement for them anywhere. I have a hard time believing this.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!