By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overhyped Game of the Year so Far

Ucell said:
Play4Fun said:
kupomogli said:
KLXVER said:

Well both have rather big fanbases, so it happens. Zelda has been around for a while longer, that might be why...

Nah.  Nintendo fans just just hype everything Nintendo to ridiculous proportions.

Well, of course. Their games are of the highest quality. We hype because we know what to expect.

I disagree. There games are some of the better from Japan, but compared to western developers their games are, not trying to offend here, crap.

There are a small number of people on this site biased enough that I will never take anything they post seriously . You are one of those people.

Around the Network
Faust said:
KLXVER said:
Faust said:

imho MK8 by far. Titanfall was overhyped as well and even called game of the generation for a few (nobody talks about this game anymore though), but MK8's hype is just out of this world to the point that im already annoyed by it (2 many pointless threads @_@).

What made it overhyped for you?

pff, GOty here and there before and after the games was released, the insane amount of pointless threads about it and well, lets be honest some Nintendo fans really make such an incredible disservice to Nintendo games by trying to sell them with promises that cannot be fullfiled by any game. So yeah, i blame Nintendo fans more than the game itself.

Now about the game itself, well, the lack of a good battle mode is really dissapointed for me. Aside from that, i have no complaints

Nintendo fans always over hype Nintendo games. I mean no tpe of racing game could ever ne GOTY.

DogRemag said:

Nintendo fans always over hype Nintendo games. I mean no tpe of racing game could ever ne GOTY.

Yeah, because Sony and MS fans are soooo subtle...

Play4Fun said:
phaedruss said:

Lol this meme that nintendo is somehow higher quality than other developers is getting out of hand.

Meme? Seems like a misuse of the word.

A meme isn't just a funny picture, it's an idea that spreads throughout the population like a virus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

I haven't played the other games that keep popping up on here, but I do have something to say about MK8.

I guess my expectations were low. I think the game has always been "just okay." It has a strong place in many a Nintendo gamers' hearts, and even some non-Nintendo gamers'. For me, the title has always just been a party game, something to fire up when family and friends are over to pass the time. MKWii was definitely this for me...my friends that came over wanted to play it more than I did and they'd always wax nostalgic on MK64 or MKSNES while they played.

The only reason I picked it up was because of "The Drought," and to support Nintendo. But wouldn't you know, damn, that game is fun. It's faster than I remember Mario Kart ever being. It's smoother and more rewarding. Nothing that Nintendo showed me before the game was released made me feel like they were "hyping" it up at all. It just felt like it would be yet another installment in a tried and true franchise.

So I really can't see how this game would be considered a let down. Maybe there are some console war soldiers here who just want to pick on Nintendo, which I understand. Maybe there are some non-Mario Kart fans who were told it would change their minds. That I understand, too. But just on the idea of what was promised and what we got, I think Nintendo over-delivered, especially graphically.

I'll have to personally go with Child of Light. But that's my own fault for not listening to Rol.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
I haven't played the other games that keep popping up on here, but I do have something to say about MK8.

I guess my expectations were low. I think the game has always been "just okay." It has a strong place in many a Nintendo gamers' hearts, and even some non-Nintendo gamers'. For me, the title has always just been a party game, something to fire up when family and friends are over to pass the time. MKWii was definitely this for me...my friends that came over wanted to play it more than I did and they'd always wax nostalgic on MK64 or MKSNES while they played.

The only reason I picked it up was because of "The Drought," and to support Nintendo. But wouldn't you know, damn, that game is fun. It's faster than I remember Mario Kart ever being. It's smoother and more rewarding. Nothing that Nintendo showed me before the game was released made me feel like they were "hyping" it up at all. It just felt like it would be yet another installment in a tried and true franchise.

So I really can't see how this game would be considered a let down. Maybe there are some console war soldiers here who just want to pick on Nintendo, which I understand. Maybe there are some non-Mario Kart fans who were told it would change their minds. That I understand, too. But just on the idea of what was promised and what we got, I think Nintendo over-delivered, especially graphically.

I'll have to personally go with Child of Light. But that's my own fault for not listening to Rol.

I agree that Mario Kart has never been a huge game for me, but disagree about mario kart 8. Nintendo released trailers, etc. like any other company would for a new game, it's just the fans were literally frothing at the mouth over it for some reason that I still do not understand. I don't see how they over delivered in any sense, it's still Mario Kart. There's a bunch of tracks from past games, there's the same cups, etc. I don't think it's especially good looking either technically speaking there are some little details that are nice, but that's about it.

phaedruss said:

A meme isn't just a funny picture, it's an idea that spreads throughout the population like a virus.

I know what a meme is.

Point is Nintendo have been making highly rated and  popular games since the very beginning. It's not an "idea."

Michael-5 said:

Halo Master Chief Collection

Halo 1 CEA, 3 and 4 are all playable on the XB 360 (and probably $10 each now) and they aren't getting any significant upgrades on XB1. Halo 2 Anniversary is going to be a great game, but the Master Chief Collection as a whole is over-hyped.

-----

Also Titanfall

Its for people who play Halo Multiplayer. Halo 1 never had online and Halo 2 is shutdown. Halo 3's netcode is horrible. +60fps+1080p+dedicated servers+DLC

All this for only $60. THe hype is well deserved

Play4Fun said:
phaedruss said:

I know what a meme is.

Point is Nintendo have been making highly rated and  popular games since the very beginning. It's not an "idea."

Do I have to tell you what an idea is? I didn't say they don't make good games, I said that the idea, or meme, that they are on another level somehow above other developers is ridiculous.

phaedruss said:
Play4Fun said:
phaedruss said:

I know what a meme is.

Do I have to tell you what an idea is? I didn't say they don't make good games, I said that the idea, or meme, that they are on another level somehow above other developers is ridiculous.

You're right, they're not on another level. They're on their very own level. Untouchable!