By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overhyped Game of the Year so Far

Destiny is getting severely overhyped, with Bungie leaning towards the PS4 it's only natural that it would be overhyped on the net.

In terms of what I've played, Titanfall was not really as indepth as I thought it would be. Haven't really gamed much lately.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

Titanfall

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
MohammadBadir said:
Probably Titanfall. it's fun for a while, but there's no campaign to keep your attention :/

Usually its the other way around where you beat the campaign once and play the MP till you burn out.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Without a shadow of a doubt it was Titanfall. The ciricle jerking and over hyping from Microsoft and Journalists was disgusting. Once the game came out, we never heard a word about it.

NotStan said:
Destiny is getting severely overhyped, with Bungie leaning towards the PS4 it's only natural that it would be overhyped on the net.

In terms of what I've played, Titanfall was not really as indepth as I thought it would be. Haven't really gamed much lately.

From playing an Alpha code of a game?

Right. 

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
Ucell said:
Play4Fun said:
kupomogli said:
KLXVER said:

Well both have rather big fanbases, so it happens. Zelda has been around for a while longer, that might be why...

Nah.  Nintendo fans just just hype everything Nintendo to ridiculous proportions.

Well, of course. Their games are of the highest quality. We hype because we know what to expect.

I disagree. There games are some of the better from Japan, but compared to western developers their games are, not trying to offend here, crap.

There are a small number of people on this site biased enough that I will never take anything they post seriously . You are one of those people.

Because I said their games are crap? What if I find them crap? You seem to think that anyone with a different opinion is biased.

It only goes to show YOUR bias towards Nintendo, rather than what you tried to imply here.

Ucell said:

Because I said their games are crap? What if I find them crap? You seem to think that anyone with a different opinion is biased.

It only goes to show YOUR bias towards Nintendo, rather than what you tried to imply here.

Please, spare me your outrage.  You've been a member long enough for your posting style to be noticed. I may be a Nintendo fan and hold a certain bias towards them but at least I know I am not biased to the extent that you are.

I'm not a big fan of Sony's first party, for example, but I'd never label them as "crap" just because of that. I'm simply not biased enough to make such a stupid statement.

NotStan said:

I don't see it. Until the Alpha virtually everyone was wary/skeptical, or even sure that it would suck. After the Alpha, people are truly excited.

walsufnir said:
darkshadow23 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Titanfall followed by MK8. Reserve my judgement on destiny till launch.

Destiny alpha was pretty good so no.

Opinions, how do they work? Titanfall was and is also good. But not what people expected it to be.

True. But I haven't really seen many people hyping Destiny up though. No where near the level Titanfall was hyped. Maybe I haven't been paying attention but the game seemed to fill what I had expected of it from the alpha. I think it will live up to its hype easily.

sales2099 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Probably Titanfall. it's fun for a while, but there's no campaign to keep your attention :/

Usually its the other way around where you beat the campaign once and play the MP till you burn out.

I guess so, but I'm the type of person who likes to replay the single player a lot.