By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

phaedruss said:
HoloDust said:

How old the game is really doesn't make any difference if they are releasing better version and there is market for it.

When was having more options became a bad thing for consumers?

Personally I don't care if there's a market for it or not. I think releasing a remastered version of a year old game is stupid. That's all there is to it really. I don't care if people will buy it, some people will buy anything and get scammed again and again etc.

Releasing something that people want is never stupid, not rereleasing it even though people want it, just because the game is only a year old, that could be considered stupid, very stupid even.

Around the Network

Modern mindset: "If I don't like it, it's stupid and it shouldn't exist! If someone does like it, then they are stupid as well."
It's sickening, and yet repeats itself constantly.

Well at least they include the DLC for it. Its like a GOTY edition I guess...

burninmylight said:
Doesn't bother me. If there's demand for it, then there's your point. If you don't want it or already played it, either don't buy it or picked up much cheaper in the future. I hate it when people think every single game is supposed to cater specifically to them.

Couldn't agree more. The only time I can semi understand these complaints is when a studio you like is working on a project like this instead of a new game. Which is the case for this game but I never got a chance to play the game so I don't care and honestly I haven't played enough ND games to really care much. If it was Bioware yes I'd be pissed. 

Burek said:
Modern mindset: "If I don't like it, it's stupid and it shouldn't exist! If someone does like it, then they are stupid as well."
It's sickening, and yet repeats itself constantly.

Why is it sickening to criticize a corporation? The modern mindset of buying stupid shit is really what's sickening.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
HoloDust said:
KLXVER said:

Well I dont think GTAV is needed either. Great for PC gamers though. Wind Waker HD is different though. Its a 10 year old SD game. They also fixed many problems people had with it.

How old the game is really doesn't make any difference if they are releasing better version and there is market for it.

Personally I don't care if there's a market for it or not. I think releasing a remastered version of a year old game is stupid. That's all there is to it really. I don't care if people will buy it, some people will buy anything and get scammed again and again etc.

It's really irrelevant whether you care or not if there's a market or not. Even if you treat it as GOTY edition, it has more than enough relevance, not to mention it actually is enchanced version.

And THAT is all there is to it, both from publishers and consumers side...really.

KLXVER said:
HoloDust said:

Since the crash of 83...

Yeah...completely different reasons and scenarios.

Suggestion - learn your VG history bit better for any future meaningful conversation.

Ka-pi96 said:
Don't get why people wouldn't understand it. Sony are in the business to make money and this is a great way to do exactly that.

Isn't that part of the criticism though?

Ka-pi96 said:
Don't get why people wouldn't understand it. Sony are in the business to make money and this is a great way to do exactly that.

Well MS is in the buisness of making money too and the DRM issue didnt make people happy either...

HoloDust said:
phaedruss said:
HoloDust said:
KLXVER said:

Well I dont think GTAV is needed either. Great for PC gamers though. Wind Waker HD is different though. Its a 10 year old SD game. They also fixed many problems people had with it.

It's really irrelevant whether you care or not if there's a market or not. Even if you treat it as GOTY edition, it has more than enough relevance, not to mention it actually is enchanced version.

And THAT is all there is to it, both from publishers and consumers side...really.

Suggestion - learn your VG history bit better for any future meaningful conversation.

I don't care if you think my opinion is irrelevant either, dumb consumers don't care about an intelligent or considered opinion either.

HoloDust said:
KLXVER said:
HoloDust said:

Since the crash of 83...

I probably know it better than you tbh. The crash happened because the market got flooded with games from lazy developers...