By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

michael_stutzer said:
KLXVER said:
michael_stutzer said:

No, I'm not talking about the genre, but rather about a franchise. Let's consider Windwaker for example. Instead of reviving Windwaker, they can make a new game in the same franchise using the much better tools today. It would be better for everyone. So, if you compare the siutations, remastering a really old game is much lazier.

Remastering a SD game into HD seems to be harder than upgrading a game already in HD...

I am not talking about the technical aspect of it. I'm saying that making your new game available on your current consoles (PS3 and PS4 in this case) is common sense since there are many people who own one but not the other. Since the game recently came out and PS3 is still expensive, there may even be people who were waiting for the prices to come down to purchase them. Porting it makes sense and it should be standard if anything to make sure nobody is left out. On the other hand, reviving a game that was played by every fan ten years ago is out of greed. 

By the way, I am not even saying that remastering really old games is shameful. But there were many people in the thread saying "at least Nintendo rereleases 10 year old games." etc. If you compare the situations that is not a better situation, it is worse.

WWHD is not just a visually upgraded remake of the original. Nintendo actually fixed some problems people had with the original WW and included Upad features to it. They made a great game better. What is added to TLOUR that I cant get with my PS3 copy?

Around the Network

I loved the Last of Us on PS3 and I can't wait to get it on PS4 for the simple fact that I wanna support one of my favorite game companies. Also tons of my friends who were 360 last gen are now PS4 and they all can't wait to get this game. That's the general consensus most places. Especially here in the USA many people have switched back to PS4 this gen and didn't get to play a lot of the PS3 exclusives. This game will be huge. It will sell huge. I think mostly because it is going to have A LOT of new converts.

KLXVER said:
michael_stutzer said:

No, I'm not talking about the genre, but rather about a franchise. Let's consider Windwaker for example. Instead of reviving Windwaker, they can make a new game in the same franchise using the much better tools today. It would be better for everyone. So, if you compare the siutations, remastering a really old game is much lazier.

Remastering a SD game into HD seems to be harder than upgrading a game already in HD...

Yeah, remastering a 6th generation SD game to HD must be a burden, no other developer would even try it! Oh, wait:

Beyond Good & Evil, Devil May Cry 1, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, God of War 1, God of War 2, Halo 1, Halo 2, Hitman Silent Assassin, Contracts, Blood Money, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Jak 1, Jak 2 , Jak 3, Killzone, Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, Medal of Honor Front line, MGS 2, MGS 3, Okami, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones, Ratchet & Clank, R&C: Going Commando, R&C: Up Your Arsenal, R&C: Deadlocked, Rayman 3, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken Tag Tournament, Tomb Raider: Legend, Anniversary, Underworld, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Yakuza 2, Yakuza 3, Zone of the Enders 1, Zone of the Enders 2,... 

Conina said:
KLXVER said:
michael_stutzer said:

Yeah, remastering a 6th generation SD game to HD must be a burden, no other developer would even try it! Oh, wait:

Beyond Good & Evil, Devil May Cry 1, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, God of War 1, God of War 2, Halo 1, Halo 2, Hitman Silent Assassin, Contracts, Blood Money, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Jak 1, Jak 2 , Jak 3, Killzone, Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, Medal of Honor Front line, MGS 2, MGS 3, Okami, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones, Ratchet & Clank, R&C: Going Commando, R&C: Up Your Arsenal, R&C: Deadlocked, Rayman 3, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken Tag Tournament, Tomb Raider: Legend, Anniversary, Underworld, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Yakuza 2, Yakuza 3, Zone of the Enders 1, Zone of the Enders 2,... 

Whats your point?

kupomogli said:

Like he said, don't quote him on them having a planned release date, but if they did, they should have been honest and let people know both versions were in development and let thet PS4 version release as a launch title.  Not wait around to get all the suckers to purchase the game for the PS3 and then announce it for the PS4 which a lot of them will purchase again.  Like I said.  I'm not a fan when a company knowingly screws their fanbase over.  Did they?  Maybe, maybe not.  We don't know, but my comment is in reply to his comment what theyy could have did, and I think if they did, it's even worse.

Yeah, poor PS3 owners who got to play the 200 GOTY award winning mega-hit on the console they own more than a year before it's out on PS4.

super sarcasm

And this all whilst not considering that it takes years to plan, fund and develope a game. And that in an extremely turbulent industry. The very fact that you are waving your fist at the small possibility that Sony could at some level have planned for things to work out that way is ridiculous.

Around the Network

Because 360 and Wii owners who bought a PS4 and never had a PS3 will get to play it. Like me.

/thread

Mystro-Sama said:
Because 360 and Wii owners who bought a PS4 and never had a PS3 will get to play it. Like me.

/thread

What about all the other PS3 exclusives...?

KLXVER said:
Mystro-Sama said:

/thread

What about all the other PS3 exclusives...?

All the other PS3 exclusives didn't win 200 GOTY awards.

Mystro-Sama said:

All the other PS3 exclusives didn't win 200 GOTY awards.

Fair enough...

DarkD said:

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

If they announced it any time before the PS4 released, people would've expected it to be a PS4 launch game. Why would they also purposely have their consoles competing against each other. That is all kinds of stupid.

I'm not saying that releasing The Last of us: Remastered like this is without merit.  What I'm saying is that they are doing it this way out of greed, and the consumer shouldn't be so quick to embrace this kind of shameless behavior.  Although yea, Sony is in the hole financially, so I suppose that makes sense there.  

OK, enough of this "Sony is in the hole" crud!  Sony Computer Entertainment is NOT in the hole!  Sony Corporation is in the hole, but in the middle of a MASSIVE restructuring.  Sony Corporation also has a market cap of $17.5 BILLION dollars!  They aren't going bankrupt, they aren't going away, and the restructuring and losses of the PARENT CORPORATION have NOTHING to do with how SCE conducts it's business!  /end rant