By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with graphics below your standard you still buy

Graphics of 8th gen consoles

Too weak 5 21.74%

APUs are the worst 4 17.39%

Eye cancer ahoy! 2 8.70%

I'm blind, so I don't care 3 13.04%

Iwata 2016 9 39.13%

Total:23

You have some ridiculously high standards if you think any of the Wii U games have shit graphics. Even the Wii U games look alot better than anything from last gen.

Graphics don't bother me too much to be honest as i play retro games and indies every now and then.

I bought Borderlands 2 on Vita though and that has some serious problems, they should of delayed it to make the game have a better framerate. That ruined an otherwise excellent game

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Most of the stuff on 3DS

I don't have a standard in graphics. I have standards in gameplay and fun, and if those are met, I could care less about graphics.

ktay95 said:

Once this drops in EU I will be all over it. I'm sure by today's standards this game looks awful 😁

Well I'm talking about your standards. If you like this style of graphics(like I do too) then everything is alright and you don't have anything to criticize.

I'm just wondering if there are any people out there who can be both, very vocal about a certain game's shortcomings but still are buying it and potentially loving it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't care about graphics.  My first videogame was Combat on the Atari 2600 and I played the hell out of it.

Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorite games and it didn't matter one bit that it had previous gen graphics.

Now, that being said, I thought The Witcher was really ugly and it bothered me.  Dated graphics is fine.  Ugly is something else.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Now, that being said, I thought The Witcher was really ugly and it bothered me.  Dated graphics is fine.  Ugly is something else.

Witcher 1's problem is that it is both dated AND ugly xD

Your definition of bad graphics made me throw up............... But because your avatar is Ragyo Kiryuin I will post.

Pilotwings Resort -> yeah.. I bought this
Wii Fit U -> lol

vivster said:
ktay95 said:

Once this drops in EU I will be all over it. I'm sure by today's standards this game looks awful 😁

Well I'm talking about your standards. If you like this style of graphics(like I do too) then everything is alright and you don't have anything to criticize.

I'm just wondering if there are any people out there who can be both, very vocal about a certain game's shortcomings but still are buying it and potentially loving it.

As a fan of Compile Heart I have no standards 😁

Laughable OP. Im a PC gamer also, i have a i7 2600k and a new shiny 660 Ti 3Gb.
I play most games at max.settings. by no means those games you listed have bad graphics. Actually, they look pretty good to me. Just because they dont have AA or whatever reason you pull out and shell on them claiming "oh,but,but my standards..."
You gotta stop seeking atention with the bashing of certain Nintendo games. It makes you look bad. Grow the fuck up.

Wright said:
pokoko said:

Witcher 1's problem is that it is both dated AND ugly xD

That's true.  It's not a good combination.

Now, if this thread is about ANY problems a game would have and I'd still buy it, then I would say again, Fallout.  I know Fallout games will have bugs.  I know it in my core and I don't care.  The enjoyment is well worth having to spam quick-save.