By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Religion ever be illegal in America?

Soriku said:

It would be so great if God was omnipotent and could just wish Lucifer away.

Oh wait...God is omnipotent according to the Bible. Why doesn't he just do that?

Because He can not lie, Lucifer is all lies, God is all truth.

2 I will give worship before your holy Temple, praising your name for your mercy and for your unchanging faith: for you have made your word greater than all your name.

Psalms 138:2.

When the fall came, God said to Adam: do not eat the fruit, or you will die. And He did not lied, Adam was immortal, and we are no longer immortal. He always keeps His promisses, that is why Lucifer wants to prove him a liar, at least once, because God made His word greater than his own name: there is no lie in Him.

The fall is when Lucifer was cast out of heaven:

14 And the Lord God said to the snake, Because you have done this you are cursed more than all cattle and every beast of the field; you will go flat on the earth, and dust will be your food all the days of your life:

15 And there will be war between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed: by him will your head be crushed and by you his foot will be wounded.

Genesis 2.

The seed of the woman (Jesus) was hurt by Satan, the crucificion, but He (Jesus) will destroy Satan in the end (hurt his head). God predicted everything in that very day and He never lies, that is why He did not destroyed Satan there, he was a god, a son of God, he was loved by god:

You were the anointed cherub who covers, And I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire. 15"You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you. 16"By the abundance of your trade You were internally filled with violence, And you sinned; Therefore I have cast you as profane From the mountain of God. And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub, Ezekiel 28:15.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
WagnerPaiva said:

God do not hate gays, but He does hate homossexuality, as it is an abomination of His creation. He does not hate more than the creation of animal hybrids for example, also an abomination of what He created, but it is a sin.

The evil know that, that is why they worked so hard to make Israel the gay capitol of the world, to humiliate God: His nation is now the Capitol of the abomination of his creation.

I thought the US was Lucifer Headquarters, so...why doesn't Lucifer make the US the gay capitol of the world? It's kind of way bigger than Israel and he already has a grip on it, as you claim.

Because it would not mean anything to God, since mount Zyon (in Israel) is God´s favorite place on Earth and the jews are the people He have chosen. That is whhy it hurts so much to God see this happening.

I will Open My Mouth in Parables
67He also rejected the tent of Joseph, And did not choose the tribe of Ephraim, 68But chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion which He loved.69And He built His sanctuary like the heights,  Psams 78:68.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Areym said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Leviticus is old testament, its irellevant. The commandments also superceded a that line. If you actually took the time to research further you would know that. Then you say many other religions oppose it because "the word of god", when theism consists of a variety of different beleif systems. It sounds like you're being pretty ignorant.

Well, i'm glad you are free to pick and choose what is right or wrong from the word of god. These books might as well be goodie bags. and yeah, I am ignorant about religions, I don't mind. I'm glad my parents gave me the choice to choose my believes once i got old enough unlike brainwashing me into believing what some archaic book told me to. I will continue to be ignorant on religionsand a decent human being, by societies standards. I don't need anybody telling me what should be common knowledge to everyone. Treat your neighbor right, don't judge, respect others different than you. Maybe these religions should work on presenting themselves in a more positive way, instead of inteferring with things that does not concern them. Good day, sir.

First of all, if you actually read my post, I said superscede the part you quoted. The entire point of Christinaity, is that the arrival of the Messaih/Christ changed everything, thus the New Testament overwrites the old.

Second of all, The Bible is book of an interpretation. Just like you read the Bible as homophopic, others can take away different things, anyone can form an opinion. 

You claim your a decent human being, yet you are being intolerant because of your ignorance and your willingness to believe religion is some how evil, just like the extremist you claim to hate, and those who continue to beleive that the earth is flat.

You are exactly the kind of person that you are condeming, being willingly ignorant is the same reason why people believe religion somehow prevents Science. Being willingly ignorant is basically responsible for the greatest evils in this world.

Nazi's got in power in germany, because people were willingly ignorant and let it happen.

Same thing with Jim Crow in Americans.

Pathetic.

Seems like you are the one brainwashed, can't even be open to any and all ideas because you are afraid that your beliefs might be compromised, thats the same kind of mentality that makes people kill in the name of Religion.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

iceland said:
As an Agnostic Atheist I say no, nor would I want to force people out of their beliefs. Separation of Church and State is to protect the freedom of religion, despite what "persecuted" Christians want to believe.

I agree, I think that any kind of ideology should never become illegal, however certain acts related to ideologies and religion should keep being regulated or banned altogether (such as buriyng your wife alive for cheating or other less dramatic stuff).

WagnerPaiva said:
Areym said:

Well, im pretty sure the bible opposess gay relationships. Again, people can do that if they want. My problem is when they use it as the only excuse. Fuck, the bible says not to eat shellfish, but we still do it but when it comes to gay marriage/relations, " oh its an act against god, its a travesty." People are not oppossing it for their own opinions, just because some guy in a robe told them its wrong. Besides, why even oppose? It affects no one but gays themselves. "We have to talk to our children and educate them on sexual orientation? Well fuck that."

I just said, it was not just christinaity. Many other religions oppose it because "the word of god" tell them to. Other ones are more open because it is not their place to judge others. There are many others religions that have no opposition to it. "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (leviticus 20:13)

That is pretty fucking direct. If you are gay, you deserve death. That goes against loving your neighbor and there are a lot of different occassions where people are stone to death. Does that sound like the word of god to you or just some irrational, fear morgering dipshit?

Again, this is a large part of the christian given the fact that gay marriage is still illegal in most of the US and the world. They do not want to stone gay people or kill them of course but they are still oppose to the idea just because.

God do not hate gays, but He does hate homossexuality, as it is an abomination of His creation. He does not hate more than the creation of animal hybrids for example, also an abomination of what He created, but it is a sin.

The evil know that, that is why they worked so hard to make Israel the gay capitol of the world, to humiliate God: His nation is now the Capitol of the abomination of his creation.

God has a... penis? that would make Him capable of sexual reproduction with a Goddess being, who could then give birth to a more adapted being than themselves, If God has a gender that would mean he's an imperfect being.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

First of all, if you actually read my post, I said superscede the part you quoted. The entire point of Christinaity, is that the arrival of the Messaih/Christ changed everything, thus the New Testament overwrites the old.

Why did an omniscient being need to rewrite his own word?

Old testament is Judaism, New Testament is Christianity.

Nonetheless, Bible is a book of interpretation, Christianity (and pretty much all Religions) are belief systems based on faith. Applying Rationality to its pointless.

Understand, Religion is simply a construct of humans to explain things that they don't understand. The expanse of science eliminates the need for Religion which is an inevitable process. Religion does not conflict with Science, people afraid of losing power does. Since Science depends on observation by definition, it is limited by our perception. Thus their will always be a reason for Religion.

As for the the tenets of different religion, freedom of belief.

People do not have freedom to do whatever they want, namely break the law regardless of whether or not they claim its in the name of Religion.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Soriku said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Could you imagine these people's reactions if a new Son of God arrived and just said "you know what, f* the New Testament, here's a revised Newer Testament, bye".

For Instance, if you want to see where God is, he's some where in the statically bits if you move the slider all the way to the right. There are also dragons, unicorns, Fem-God, the winning lotto ticket, your dreams, and the Last Guardian there.

Soriku said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Soriku said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Old testament is Judaism, New Testament is Christianity.

Nonetheless, Bible is a book of interpretation, Christianity (and pretty much all Religions) are belief systems based on faith. Applying Rationality to its pointless.

Understand, Religion is simply a construct of humans to explain things that they don't understand. The expanse of science eliminates the need for Religion which is an inevitable process. Religion does not conflict with Science, people afraid of losing power does. Since Science depends on observation by definition, it is limited by our perception. Thus their will always be a reason for Religion.

As for the the tenets of different religion, freedom of belief.

People do not have freedom to do whatever they want, namely break the law regardless of whether or not they claim its in the name of Religion.

While true, if I buy, say, the King James Bible (which I do own) it'll include both the Old Testament and New Testament and makes no distinction, and it's not like Christians say the OT is fake anyway.

Also, you have to wonder if you're a person like Wagner, what's your opinion on the Jewish, God's "chosen people", not receiving the New Testament.

Otherwise I more or less agree with the rest of your post. However, in the far future, I wouldn't be surprised if religion is really diminished. But it's likely that some people will believe in it either way (the same way Hellenistic pagans still believe in Greek mythology, and they no doubt don't consider it simple mythology like many other people do)

Most Certainly.

That probably won't happen. Even if it did, Religion will never die out.