By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us remastered now officially 1080p 60fps!

spemanig said:
kupomogli said:
But but but.... next gen consoles are too weak to do 1080p @60fps when the game looks marginally good.

TLOU is a linear game. Not nearly as damanding. This doesn't "prove" anything.

When a dev can't get 1080p 60 FPS on bloody Halo 2 it does...

P.S.  I don't want to hear your silly "Graphics swich on the fly" BS.  If they can't fit both buffers it just proves 32MB is too small for detailed 1080p considering the original game too up nearly nothing in its frame buffer.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

Not surprising since its a last gen port

Isn't the whole game suppose to look like the cutscenes?
If that's true and we're getting both 1080p and 60fps then we're finally seeing "nextgen"
hype

Eddie_Raja said:
spemanig said:
kupomogli said:
But but but.... next gen consoles are too weak to do 1080p @60fps when the game looks marginally good.

P.S.  I don't want to hear your silly "Graphics swich on the fly" BS.  If they can't fit both buffers it just proves 32MB is too small for detailed 1080p considering the original game too up nearly nothing in its frame buffer.

Halo 2 is a Complete remaster while TLOU is a port

I would hope so the game isn't exactly a looker. It wasn't ugly by any means, but isn't remotely close to what has been shown on a lot of the next gen titles so far.

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
Eddie_Raja said:
spemanig said:
kupomogli said:

They said TLOU was built from the ground up for PS3 and they had to completely redo alot of the game in addition to adding more details and effects. So I wouldn't exactly call it just a port.

1 more month.. i cant wait for this!

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

i'll be impressed when i see more comparisons if its on the level of GTA5 then i'lll be impressed recent comparisons dont show and assets being change but just a rez and AA boost i want more trees, grass enemies, ect

Play Me

spemanig said:
kupomogli said:

Linearity doesn't correlate to graphical demand. You'd be correct in saying that a linear game with identical asset quality to an open world game would be much easier to run, but linear games tend to come with the addition of heavily improved assets. The final result can be just as demanding as an open world game (crysis 3 is a good example).

Dark Chaos said:
Eddie_Raja said:
spemanig said:
kupomogli said:

i can't quite read that word below "of us".  can you make it out?