By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us remastered now officially 1080p 60fps!

Fusioncode said:
Cool cool cool. I expect no less from the Naughty Gods.

SECOND COMING OF THE PS2!

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
spemanig said:
kupomogli said:
But but but.... next gen consoles are too weak to do 1080p @60fps when the game looks marginally good.

TLOU is a linear game. Not nearly as damanding. This doesn't "prove" anything.

Their is no correlation between linearity and the technical demands of the game. Crytek 3.

A game the size of Grand Theft Auto or Skyrim with a dynamic world would require the game engine to handle much more than a game that only has to have a small, non-dynamic, constrained game. It's why people drool over Naughty Dog, even though making linear games pretty isn't that hard when you have that kind of budget.

Now, if Naughty Dog made an open world, exploration-based game with those kind of graphics, yeah, that would be commendable. Having minature areas with set loading points like Uncharted and TLOU is much less stressful on the game engine.

So it's not that commendable because it's not open world?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

that's awesome! Now give us some screenshots and gameplay videos!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Too bad those improved visuals won't make the game any better.

Rafie said:
VanceIX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
spemanig said:
kupomogli said:
But but but.... next gen consoles are too weak to do 1080p @60fps when the game looks marginally good.

Their is no correlation between linearity and the technical demands of the game. Crytek 3.

A game the size of Grand Theft Auto or Skyrim with a dynamic world would require the game engine to handle much more than a game that only has to have a small, non-dynamic, constrained game. It's why people drool over Naughty Dog, even though making linear games pretty isn't that hard when you have that kind of budget.

Now, if Naughty Dog made an open world, exploration-based game with those kind of graphics, yeah, that would be commendable. Having minature areas with set loading points like Uncharted and TLOU is much less stressful on the game engine.

So it's not that commendable because it's not open world?

The graphics aren't. It's essentially like a super high-budget movie with game functions. You can shoot zombies and all, but everything is scripted, and there is little to no environment interaction.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
ShyGuy322 said:

Yep, you can't improve upon perfection ;D

(in seriousness nothing is perfect, but for me TLOU was as damn close as anything in the 7th gen got).

Azerth said:
Not surprising since its a last gen port

Then why doesn't this apply to Halo 2, which is from an even older gen?

spemanig said:
kupomogli said:

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this.

The PS5 Exists. 

Zekkyou said:
ShyGuy322 said:

Yep, you can't improve upon perfection ;D

(in seriousness nothing is perfect, but for me TLOU was as damn close as anything in the 7th gen got).

That's most people's opinions of it. I thought it was a good game but I prefer Uncharted 3, Infamous, Tomb Raider and other fast paced games. TLOU was a bit too slow for me but it's a good experience. I don't think I will be picking it up for PS4. The PS3 version already looks very good.

Dark Chaos said:
Eddie_Raja said:
spemanig said:
kupomogli said:

When a dev can't get 1080p 60 FPS on bloody Halo 2 it does...

P.S.  I don't want to hear your silly "Graphics swich on the fly" BS.  If they can't fit both buffers it just proves 32MB is too small for detailed 1080p considering the original game too up nearly nothing in its frame buffer.

Halo 2 is a Complete remaster while TLOU is a port

And yet, TLOU Remastered is getting more improvements than just a resolution and framerate bump, so your point is moot.