By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Note to all who say "Iwata Must Go"

Tagged games:

Mr Khan said:

The "tone" noted by the first reply is in response to posts like this, frankly. Criticize Nintendo all you want, but solutions need to be realistic. I'm not one of the zealous Wii U defenders around here, but real solutions don't come from wishful thinking.

The fact that Nintendo's upper management needs to go isn't "wishful thinking;" it's nessesary thinking. They won't get the job done.

Around the Network

Well thought out post. I for one am not blind to see the missteps Nintendo has made, but I do think they are not as oblivious and conservative as everyone portrays them. They've made some big mistakes at a very bad time, but nothing irrevocable.

Now what I'm seeing in terms of response are either:

1) Disillusioned Nintendo fans who think a "new guy" will come along and give them mother 3 and Zelda with Crytek graphics. Which Mr. Khan debunked as a realistic possibility.

2) Dissenters who are just stirring the pot.

Don't get me wrong I want Mother 3, but there comes a time when you just move on with your life.

A potential candidate to replace Iwata one day would be Ken Kutaragi to prepare a fusion with Sony.

In any country known to me, shareholders have absolute power over the company. They can bring in votes for everything and the company has to obey if a majority is found. But this usually does not happen because the largest shareholders like the Yamauchi family already have direct influence on the board of directors and will not vote against their own proposals.

If you are a shareholder and can organize a majority for your ideas, you have absolute power and can even name yourself as president. It does not matter what the company culture says or how things were done in the past.

etking said:

A potential candidate to replace Iwata one day would be Ken Kutaragi to prepare a fusion with Sony.

In any country known to me, shareholders have absolute power over the company. They can bring in votes for everything and the company has to obey if a majority is found. But this usually does not happen because the largest shareholders like the Yamauchi family already have direct influence on the board of directors and will not vote against their own proposals.

If you are a shareholder and can organize a majority for your ideas, you have absolute power and can even name yourself as president. It does not matter what the company culture says or how things were done in the past.

In Japan it does matter, unless someone from the west buys a large quantity of stocks and actually attends the conferences. Though that might not be a plausible tactic to say the least.

Good post Mr Khan, informative. It makes me more worried than less though, a board of bobbing heads lead by a man who seems to be about 5-8 years behind the industry in thinking is IMO not what Nintendo need to reverse their long term slide into irrelevancy. I don't think this will end well for Nintendo in the long run.

Around the Network

I don't get why people want an outsider to get in. An outsider probably won't understand the culture of Nintendo and destroy it!

Finally a realistic look at the "fire Iwata" argument. I get so sick of certain disgruntled Nintendo fans that can't live with Nintendo not doing as well financially as they think their love for Nintendo franchises dictates. Instead of just accepting reality and waiting for things to turn around like they always do, they suddenly decide they're expert businessmen that know exactly how to turn Nintendo around, and come up with outrageous, unrealistic "solutions" to fix everything. Be it radical restructuring, radical policy changes, radical image changes, they come up with childish, angry suggestions that would solve nothing. Sometimes I think all the "Nintendoom" statements going around gets to them, and they begin to believe it and feel the need to be really negative to Nintendo as a business to justify their love of Nintendo games on a site about sales. I certainly never see this stupidity outside of the internet, or even outside of this and similar forums.