By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar PS3 exclusive in the future?

MikeB said:
libellule said:
any link MikeB ???

there was something on amazon.com some times ago

You can check Amazon bestsellers, the PS3 preorder is still ranked higher (despite Microsoft's best efforts). I don't assume there's a reason to believe PS3 owners buy more stuff from Amazon than 360 owners.

For all we know, PS3's owners may all be the nerdy type who buys a lot of stuff online. Besides, even if that's true, it doesn't mean the PS3 version will sell more... Pre-orders don't give you an accurate picture of the total sales.

After being in these forums for so long, one would think you'd avoid doing such a baseless claim.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
MikeB said:
libellule said:
any link MikeB ???

You can check Amazon bestsellers, the PS3 preorder is still ranked higher (despite Microsoft's best efforts). I don't assume there's a reason to believe PS3 owners buy more stuff from Amazon than 360 owners.

The Amazon bestsellers list only gives the rank on an hourly basis.  I've seen the 360 version of the game in the top 25 before it dropped to where it is now.  Do you have an actual article to show us to back up your claim?

NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
libellule said:
any link MikeB ???

For all we know, PS3's owners may all be the nerdy type who buys a lot of stuff online. Besides, even if that's true, it doesn't mean the PS3 version will sell more... Pre-orders don't give you an accurate picture of the total sales.

After being in these forums for so long, one would think you'd avoid doing such a baseless claim.

Do you even care to read? I stated *if* the reports are correct. For Europe I am quite certain the PS3 version will outsell the 360 version based on what retailers told me and the general trend of how multi-platform games are selling for both platforms.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@Moneybags
You seem to like the PS3 so it's obvious why you actually see that there IS a sense in this idea.

What I like, or what I despite, doesn't give your claim any creditability.

Also is Play Magazine in the UK and US completely different magazines and the content inside completely different as well? I'm asking because I have scans from the preview of GTAIV in Play Magazine (UK) this month and it makes no mention of the claim made at the start of this thread.

Around the Network

Oops nevermind I guess they're completely different (Play in UK is a Playstation only magazine).

epinefridis said:
@Moneybags
You seem to like the PS3 so it's obvious why you actually see that there IS a sense in this idea.

What I like, or what I despite, doesn't give your claim any creditability.

Na, I hate the PS3...jk, I do like it. But if you browse around on this site or any other site like this you can easily find out what which users like which consoles. They argue for whatever supports what they like and against whatever threatens what they like. This is an obvious pattern that most people on the planet fall into. So the fact that you love the 360 gives my claim plenty of credibility. Your's has credibility about me too. You prove my point by assuming I prefere PS3 based on my argument.

epinefridis said:
Sorry to ruin it for you Gazz, but there's been a huge talking 2 months ago and LA Noire is multiplatform. Sorry again. These all PS3 exclusives were announced some years before. They couldn't imagine the current situation which is... different.

Really? I just looked at my databank and couldn't find anything. Official site and gamespot said nothing and typing in "la noir" combined with "360" only revealed a bunch of rumours but 0 official data or even anything reliable enough. Have a link to convince me?

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

MikeB,

I asked u the amazon.com link because I was not able to reach it myself.
I suceed before but I dont know how anymore.

but we need total pre-order, not only amazon.com where the PS3 is selling better than in the rest of US.

Time to Work !

What's strange is that all this is based on a post on cheapassgamer almost a month ago. Why would the news suddenly be coming back today and why would a magazine put such a huge piece of news in an article as an afterthough (if they actually did)? Also leaving all that Wii and 360 money on the table is pretty incredible, has any other major development studio that is known to have Wii and 360 development kits ever do such a thing?