By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar PS3 exclusive in the future?

In a preview of their top title that was written in Play Magazine, the makers of GTA IV, being Rockstar, have suggested something very interesting:

"The game is both PS3 and 360, but Rockstar has suggested that all further game development is going to be PS3 exclusive."
IMO from a technical perspective this makes sense if they want to push future games even further (Blu-Ray storage, Cell)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

where did the time go companies only went for the money..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

thats ver interesting

@ Neos

More impressive games can also translate into more sales. A GTA V could sell less if the game does not go significantly beyond what was already achieved in GTA IV, GTA made huge technical progress from GTA to GTA II to GTA III and GTA IV.

Developing GTA IV on the 360 made sense as the PS3 dev system was still lagging behind at the time they started, we have seen with games like Oblvion this approach can lead to faster results.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I'm dying to find out what this PS3 Exclusive is from Rockstar :|

Around the Network

LA noir is already announced as a PS3 exclusive. They could just be referring to the fact that they are only focussing on that game for now and it could mean nothing.

It's pretty likely that Rockstar Leeds will be focussing on the add ons for 360. Great to have a department focussed on PS2 and PSP games making your 360 version now, 100 million well spend there MS!

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

EA is buying Take Two. You can pretty much assume that PS3 exclusives are gone in a snip.

Just_Ben said:
EA is buying Take Two. You can pretty much assume that PS3 exclusives are gone in a snip.

No, they are not. http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN249193920080225?rpc=44

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Sorry to ruin it for you Gazz, but there's been a huge talking 2 months ago and LA Noire is multiplatform. Sorry again. These all PS3 exclusives were announced some years before. They couldn't imagine the current situation which is... different.

Sooo, MikeB, in the previous generation they should have switched to XBOX. But they didn't. Oh, man, what BS! And we're still waiting for the GTAIV. You've already decided that it will be crap ha? OK then... Wait for the PS3 exclusive in...12 years.

@ epinefridis

GTA III was well suited for the Playstation 2, the game was also ported to the XBox. Likewise GTA IV will be released on both 360 and PS3, I am talking from the long term perspective. I think GTA IV will be an amazing game but pushes the 360 to its limits and is unable to advance like PCs will.

PS3 vs 360 sales