By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVita Bundles that could save the system.

Playstation TV is their Focus Now! Not the dedicated HANDHELD Ver of The PSVita platform! The Micro Console "Vita" is where they are going to Concentrate the Marketing, and development Focus. The PSVita will be getting Support by Playstation TV ports to the standard PSVita. So in other words the back touch pad and camera support in PSVita games will all in most cases Be Gone from PSVita software design Because the Playstation TV does not have those, but on the same token, now that the "Vita" as a platform support all game pad controls of a living room console, "Vita" designed software will be made as if it was a Micro-Console ver from now on.

Standard PSVita will still be able to run those games just - the trigger support's or the R2 and L2 button support.
Sony is shifting resource of 1st party efforts for the PSVita to that of the Playstation TV.
The Fact that Sony among the big three is the only one out of the Three with a Micro-Game Console set to release soon , Shows Why Hell in japan they even changed the name of the Playstation Vita TV to now just Playstation TV! via Copy right

Sony has resigned itself to moving from dedicated handhelds to that of Smartphones and Tablets and now moving the dedicated game handheld development to that of a Micro-Game console market instead of dedicated Hanhelds, there just is no more growth pas Nintendo's lions share market share % past Sony no one has even come close to Nintendo's and i doubt anyone will really try to from now on when smartphones and tablet app store software distribution ROI is pretty high for those App Games that are popular which are many. Nintendo has what market for dedicated Game handheld mindshare and market share to be the 1st priority platform over any other company's offering, Sony has pretty much all but a small % of resources they have for dedicated game handhelds and moved most of its 1st party development and marketing efforts from that of dedicated handheld game system development to that of Network and software services, along with development to that of a Micro-Game console development's instead because there is Market % Growth for the Game console "TV" micro Game console for lower budget lower cost indies to distribute their works on that lil box than try for even the PS4 as their main development platform even for indie developers.

Think about it, compete directly to gather App store developer's in fight with Apple and Android  App Store development recruitment or instead go for the Indiecade developer's instead who would love a low cost indie friendly development platform where the cost in low investment high return is much larger than a PS3 investment cost's, where those indie developers have a platform aside from Apple and Google where there is so many Apps your game may get lost in a sea among a vast market where unless your App or Game is in the top few you cannot make any real money.

So that just makes the Micro-Game console area a Market with the best chance for growth for such indies to put out the software and have a much higher hance to get a better increase in income due to not having to compete with promo space on the store when companies like King with Candy crush etc is outspending many new indie developers 10 fold.

This is where those developers can get a higher chance of getting a better position in a App store environment, Hey it may not be as much as King or anywhere near Rovio or some of the larger App store publisher's but at least there is a % market for growth there.

OUYA was designed to do that but in the larger % in market share its not doing well enough to do it, but with Sony making such a Move in the Micro-Game console front, they may infact be ablet to drive a Micro-Game console with enough market strength that it would be a very viable platform that can be purchased by consumer's over a Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or even a Google TV topset box. with Gaming being the #1 Focus with such a backcatalog off the bat and indies being a big Focu forward to gather more development talent, its no wonder Sony is shifting more focus to that area over dedicated Game handhelds.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

Minecraft + PSVitaTV = Best selling console ever lol.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Bundles with games that are already out probably won't do anything. Can't even sell the bundles out.

I needed actual 1st-party games and then bundles and so far it's not happening so be another dull year.

It'll take a lot more than that, what I like is that Nintendo always bundles every big hitter game with the 3DS just about to give people a reason to buy a 3DS, Sony should do the same thing with the Vita if they ever make a first party game for it again.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

It kinda pains me to say it, but the Vita cannot be saved...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---