By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVita Bundles that could save the system.

Incase you missed it Minecraft is due to be released on the PSVita in 2 months (august 29th-phsysical+download) and sony have yet to indicate any sort of push for the games up coming release. As many have noted Minecraft has potential to push Vita hardware beyond any titles we've seen released on the plaform in recent time, especiallly beyond the likes of a late  and poorly ported Borderlands 2, which still managed a fair hardware boost. Minecraft sales has remained incredibly high across all the platforms its touched and it has the evergreen legs that the Vita longs for. What do you think a bundle and martketing push would do for the Vita in the second half of 2014?

I think its not enough that sony simply push Minecraft but that they advertise it alongside Vita exclusives through bundles and marketing to bring light to many of its great titles; A fully functional portable Minecraft will be the reason many young teens start paying attention to the system; A strong library migt seal the deal. To finalise the re-launch of sorts I think an introduction of new colours. 

Low price entry bundle

PSVita+Minecraft: $179 

Introduction value packages with some of the Vita's best title.

PSVita+ Minecraft+ 8GB  card+ Unharted +Little Big Planet: $199

PSVita+ Minecraft+ 8GB card+ Killzone : $199

PSVita+ Minecraft+ 8GB card+Tearaway : $199

Big Upcoming releases

PSVita+ Minecraft+ Freedom Wars+ 8GB card: $219

PSVita+ Minecraft+ Sword Arts online+ Gravity Rush +8GB card: $229

PSVita+ Minecraft+ Lego Batman 3+ 8GB card: $229

Mega bundles

PSVita+ Minecraft+ Tearaway+ Freedom Wars + Killzone 16GB card: $269

JRPG Vita

PSVita+ Persona 4 + Tales of Heart R+ Freedom Wars + 16GB card: $269

Gamer Indie bundles

PSVita: Minecraft+ Hohokum+ Rouge Legacy+ Hotlime Miami 2+ Child of Light+16GB card: $249

Could these bundles make a difference, is the pricing realistic? Let me know what bundles you think could make a difference to the systems sales with its current game line up.

Around the Network

may help a tiny bit.......but at this point nothing will "save" it.

I would love that jrpg bundle but the Vita doesn't need bundles, it needs AAA games that appeal to a wider audience like Final Fantasy or God of War and etc

Oh and they can't be half baked ports/games either

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't think anyone is going to buy a Vita to play Minecraft.

I think everyone that wants Minecraft, at this point has it. Putting a Vita bundle with Minecraft will NEVER save the Vita. Just stop with the dreams, the Vita's life in everywhere except Japan is over.

Around the Network

The Vita has had many bundles and has often been priced below the 3ds (at least here in Aus). Unfortunately the console is just not desirable and I doubt minecraft will help. I can get minecraft on 6 different pieces of electronics that I own. Why would I buy a vita for it?

C0LINx said:
I think everyone that wants Minecraft, at this point has it. Putting a Vita bundle with Minecraft will NEVER save the Vita. Just stop with the dreams, the Vita's life in everywhere except Japan is over.

Look at its weekly sales averaging 50-60k. Clearly there are tons of people still people still discovering the game and the handheld interation may generate additional interest.

Nothing can save the Vita.

So basically, the Vita can be saved by pricing it at a lower cost than the 3DS? I mean, even that "cheap" bundle is only $10 more than the basic 3DS, which itself comes bundled with a game a lot of the time.

I don't doubt that Minecraft will do well on the Vita, but it's too little too late for expanding the system significantly.

Love and tolerate.

Minecraft is good but to late...

I miss wrpg or turnbased rpg, and today I can find better rpg on my Ipad I am sad to say.

vita is life but I play on Ipad :(.