By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Was Kennedy assassinated by a lone gunman? Or was it a conspiracy?!?!

MontanaHatchet said:

"Three tramps, you say? Never heard of em'!" 

Hhahahaha... nice.... very nice

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network
Famine said:

If you have HBO or HBO On Demand, go watch the new Autopsy special. I think they even talk about the assassination on their web site.

Very possible for one man to do the job.

Let us not forget that crazy Harvey did join the Marines.

I really don't think so. The House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded that is was "probable" that it was a conspiracy (more than one person) mostly for the reason that they considered it improbable that a single person could have done what was accomplished. And that is the reason the conspiracy theories on this subject don't go away. A lot of reasonable people have concluded that it's highly unlikely that Lee Harvey Oswald could have assassinate Kennedy by himself. YMMV.

fkusumot said:

I really don't think so. The House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded that is was "probable" that it was a conspiracy (more than one person) mostly for the reason that they considered it improbable that a single person could have done what was accomplished. And that is the reason the conspiracy theories on this subject don't go away. A lot of reasonable people have concluded that it's highly unlikely that Lee Harvey Oswald could have assassinate Kennedy by himself. YMMV.

"In 1977, Congress appointed the Congressional Select Committee on Assassinations to investigate the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Dr. Baden was in charge of the forensic-pathology investigation, assembling a panel to review autopsy reports, photographs, X-rays, and clothing. As he reported before Congress, no forensic pathologist has ever examined the body of the President. Instead, Washington hospital pathologists who had no training or experience in gunshot wounds bungled what was an "incomplete" autopsy, mistaking an entrance wound for an exit one, and placing the fatal head wound four inches lower than it was. In addition, photos were not done by a professional, the bullet track was not traced, and the notes were re-copied. After examining the scars on John Connally and sending bullet fragments found on the stretcher to a lab, Baden testified there had been one shooter: Lee Harvey Oswald."

Famine said:

"In 1977, Congress appointed the Congressional Select Committee on Assassinations to investigate the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Dr. Baden was in charge of the forensic-pathology investigation, assembling a panel to review autopsy reports, photographs, X-rays, and clothing. As he reported before Congress, no forensic pathologist has ever examined the body of the President. Instead, Washington hospital pathologists who had no training or experience in gunshot wounds bungled what was an "incomplete" autopsy, mistaking an entrance wound for an exit one, and placing the fatal head wound four inches lower than it was. In addition, photos were not done by a professional, the bullet track was not traced, and the notes were re-copied. After examining the scars on John Connally and sending bullet fragments found on the stretcher to a lab, Baden testified there had been one shooter: Lee Harvey Oswald."

• The Committee investigated until 1978, and in 1979 issued its final report, concluding that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, probably as a result of a conspiracy.

Dueling quotes! So Baden thought one thing and the Committee concluded something else. Why is that?

fkusumot said:
Sqrl said:
My personal opinion is that there had to be some sort of effort beyond a single man...if you want to label that a conspiracy (which it is by definition) thats fine but I try to avoid all that "underground parking garage" crazy talk.

In short there are enough oddities to warrant suspicion, but I haven't seen a smoking gun that makes me favor one theory over another.

Funny "Deep Throat" reference, or was it an X-Files reference? It's positively eery that what you wrote sums up my own beliefs. I'm hoping that there will be some new evidence that is released in 2013 (If the world doesn't end before then). I've been waiting about 29 years so I guess I can wait another six.

P.S: I'm wearing a tin-foil hat so the beams from the mirror on the moon cannot read my thoughts.

Its kind of interesting actually. I think this is the third or fourth time that we have held "eerily similar" positions.  Certainly there are bound to be some overlapping opinions in everyones beliefs but this has happened a number of times now =P  And to make it all the more odd there are plenty of things we severely disagree on. 

Clearly this is part of the conspiracy =P I blame Wii Fit! 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
fkusumot said:

• The Committee investigated until 1978, and in 1979 issued its final report, concluding that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, probably as a result of a conspiracy.

Dueling quotes! So Baden thought one thing and the Committee concluded something else. Why is that?

You know that little snippet actually supports my case because it too states Oswald as the assassin.

Also:

1. Lee Harvey Oswald fired three shots at President John F. Kennedy. The second and third shots he fired struck the President. The third shot he fired killed the President.

Famine said:
fkusumot said:

You know that little snippet actually supports my case because it too states Oswald as the assassin.

Also:

1. Lee Harvey Oswald fired three shots at President John F. Kennedy. The second and third shots he fired struck the President. The third shot he fired killed the President.

Actually, no. That little snippet does not support your case if you think that it was not a conspiracy. If you think that it was a lone gunman and a conspiracy you have some cognitive dissonance going on. Or maybe I've misunderstood you?

fkusumot said:
Famine said:
fkusumot said:

Also:

Actually, no. That little snippet does not support your case if you think that it was not a conspiracy. If you think that it was a lone gunman and a conspiracy you have some cognitive dissonance going on. Or maybe I've misunderstood you?

Was that a George Carlin reference?

Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:

Dammit Sqrl! Stop reading my mind!

fkusumot said:
Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:

Dammit Sqrl! Stop reading my mind!

Wow, there is no context to the original joke or anything either =P That is freakish