By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Got fired from MS China (downsizing) :(

burninmylight said:

I just wanted to share this with you: I'm at work right now, coming off my lunch break. I was holding in some gas for about 10 minutes, but as I read the post you quoted, I started giggling to myself and my sphincter slowly started loosening its grip. Then I read your post and laughed my ass off while cutting a big one, but I don't think anyone else heard it over the sound of my outburst. :)

I live to serve.  Thank you for sharing.  My day is brightened.  I guess this is kind of like how the Pope feels when he kisses a baby.

Around the Network

See the positive side you got another job pretty quickly, these days when someones looses his job it can take months to get a new one ;). So the best of luck on your new job.

I'm sorry to hear that. Even if you got another job quickly, getting laid off is always stressful and demeaning.

Hope these new opportunities and transitions will end up being good for you (and your family?)

I worked/work as a developer and also do some testing. Should not say too much about my positions. :)

For Google it was the same, but I was more of a code monkey, if you get what I mean.

Yeah I've heard of people looking for a job for a very long time, so I was very worried at first. Can only say that I am lucky.

Best of luck with your new job.

Around the Network
Mistershine said:
Not aimed at OP in particular, but there is a massive difference between fired and laid off/made redundant. I have seen a lot of posts on various forums about staff being 'fired' when in fact the company is downsizing/restructuring. /rant

Glad you have a new job though, good luck.

Came here to say pretty much this.  No surprise this post was categorically ignored ...

Sad but glad you got a new job !