By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Destiny sell more than Call of duty: AW this year?

What will sell more in 2014 according to veggyChartz?

Call of duty Advanced Warfare 76 52.05%

Destiny 70 47.95%

Total:146
ChudStudly said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
ChudStudly said:
I still think not just cause its a new IP and most of the time, new IPs dont sell as well as the old ones

Watch Dogs would like a word with you.

You do realize that Watch_Dogs came no where near GTA right? GTA V sold nearly 11 million units within 24 hours in two consoles... Watch Dogs didn't even sell half as much being on 5 platforms

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/10/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-breaks-six-sales-world-records-51900/

Watch Dogs sold great for a Ubisoft game but it didn't sell anywhere near compared to GTA V sales

I didn't say it outsold GTA V, nor did I compare it. Nor did I say it was the best-selling new IP of all time. But for a new IP? Yeah, it sold fantastic.

Destiny will be marketed more than Watch Dogs too. Plus it's a Bungie game on multiple platforms.

Around the Network
ChudStudly said:
ChudStudly said:
I still think not just cause its a new IP and most of the time, new IPs dont sell as well as the old ones

Watch Dogs would like a word with you.

You do realize that Watch_Dogs came no where near GTA right? GTA V sold nearly 11 million units within 24 hours in two consoles... Watch Dogs didn't even sell half as much being on 5 platforms

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/10/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-breaks-six-sales-world-records-51900/

Watch Dogs sold great for a Ubisoft game but it didn't sell anywhere near compared to GTA V sales

I didn't say it outsold GTA V, nor did I compare it. Nor did I say it was the best-selling new IP of all time. But for a new IP? Yeah, it sold fantastic.

Okay... But you quoted me saying "Watch_Dogs would like a word with you" and my original post was saying that New IPs don't sell as much as Old IPs... I never said that Watch_Dogs didn't sell well, I just said, New IPs (aka Watch Dogs) don't sell as much as Old IPs (aka GTA V/IV). This thread is also about the same concept... New IP (Destiny) vs Old IP (Cod)... So I don't really get why you quoted me saying that then...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ChudStudly said:

Okay... But you quoted me saying "Watch_Dogs would like a word with you" and my original post was saying that New IPs don't sell as much as Old IPs... I never said that Watch_Dogs didn't sell well, I just said, New IPs (aka Watch Dogs) don't sell as much as Old IPs (aka GTA V/IV). This thread is also about the same concept... New IP (Destiny) vs Old IP (Cod)... So I don't really get why you quoted me saying that then...

You should say, new IPs don't outsell the greatest selling game in the genre in their first iteration... because I'm certain WatchDogs outsold several older IPs in the same genre and in others, the same goes to Titanfall.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It should! The alpha was freaking AMAZING!! ...but it won't...

gta5 on next gen will smash both even when comparing only next gen HW i give the nod to COD over destiny though feel AW will be much better SP and MP wise compared to both ghost and BO2 thats 2 yrs straight where COD games have been average and below average

Play Me

Around the Network

I hope it does, but I doubt it will.

gergroy said:

Was it that good? I mean for an alpha you wouldn't expect it to be super polished and stuff, but how good was it actually? From what I've heard it was more polished than BF4 was when it launched (not that that says so much though).

it will be interesting to see how CoD will transition into next gen. cold sales increase because of the new hardware or will sales drop with the new consoles not having a big enough install base and the PS360 community buying much more less games now?

i remember jaywood made a thread about this a year or two ago, somebody should dig it up.

Better prediction : Destiny will sell more on next gen

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Teeqoz said:
gergroy said:

Was it that good? I mean for an alpha you wouldn't expect it to be super polished and stuff, but how good was it actually? From what I've heard it was more polished than BF4 was when it launched (not that that says so much though).

It was super polished.  I only encountered one bug in the 20 or so hours i put into the alpha, but it was very minor.  The world is huge!  The gameplay is tight and really fun.  All the online functionality worked perfectly.  Multiplayer was great!  The loot and leveling system seems very addicting. Destiny is going to be amazing.