By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 less of 100K: Bad or...

The week of 14 June, PS4 have sold less of 100,000, and 3DS return first.

But, this is bad for PS4?

After E3, was announced new PS4 white with Destiny

So, could be that te people, expect this bundle for buy PS4, and woud normal that PS4 beginnings to sell bad on Jily and August, but will explode on september!

What do you think?

Around the Network

its bad. but consoles are expected to do bad in the summer. i dont think the Bundle has that much effect on current sales. Jun, July and August will be bad months. Sony should make a TLoU bundle when the game released in both NA and EU for 429$ and 429 Euro's. that would help at least keep sales from declining in July and help a bit in August. it could push some units.

No i don't think it's because of Destiny bundle it's just because of summer and Destiny Bundle will sell a lot

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Its the summer. Expect disappointing sales until September for all home consoles (idk about Wii U, maybe October or November.)

First year sales are always 'bad' outside of the holidays and major release windows.
There has been no big software released recently and there isn't for another month.
I would expect PS4 to continue dropping and dropping, to at least as low as 75k imo.

The Destiny bundle had some strong preorders for about a fortnight on Amazon, it's now #46, so it's done decently. I expect it to be massive when it releases in September, but until then hardware numbers are going to be shit

Around the Network

PS4 is DOOMED

And every console that sold less is even DOOMEDER

Only the 3DS is a bit less DOOMED, but it still is Doomed

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
PS4 is DOOMED

And every console that sold less is even DOOMEDER

Only the 3DS is a bit less DOOMED, but it still is Doomed

Even PS2 and NDS is DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

Is PS4 having stock issues in Europe? I think Sony said something about it.

Its not bad and anyone that thinks it is is delusional. The truth is that the PS4 has not only been selling better than any PS console before it in the same time frame it has also just been doing very well. Now things are really beginning to settle down.

You may look at it as the destiny bundle/white PS4 announcement cannibalizing sales, but I don't think that is too important cause its not like that bundle is a price drop. Though I can't deny it has some sort of effect cause even I that owns a PS4 has it pre-ordered and I am going to sell my current PS4 for like $300 when i get that one.

Consoles always sell less around this time of the year, nothing complicated about that. I think the real bigger picture is that for this month and next PS4 sales will drop from its 500k/month average to a 400k/month average. I don't in anyway see how that is a bad thing. If anything, it just goes to show where the PS4 sales will be at when people are waiting for a yet to be released SKU.

Not bad. Everyone is just holding back because of the Destiny bundle. Like everyone held back for the cheaper X1.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.