By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

so if this is right so far
32k june 7
25k june 14 means 57k so far not bad is its legit hopefully undertracked not overtracked
xbo should have a good npd at least :)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:

I know, it's just that I always had(and still have) the impression that an official pricecut( a big one) normally have a better effect than deals and discounts.

A big price cut would be the Titanfall bundle with Kinect for $399...

GamechaserBE said:
mornelithe said:
Angelv577 said:
Hard to believe Xbox One numbers.

Yeah I expected a bigger boost myself.

The boost is not the issue, with PS4 on 42K and Xbox one 43K it makes me believe they don't really know what the sales are at the moment and just make the Xbox one the winner..  Would not be surprised to see an update in the next weeks.

Well, they typically update the numbers...so that's not a big stretch of the imagination heh.

Willem said:
The opening post has a slight mistake: The PS4 was leading in hardware sales with a slight margin, not the Xbox One

'Splain.  I copied the hardware numbers from the front page of VGC.  I don't see any differences between them & what's posted here.

And the PS4 is leading in hardware sales, by 35k.

Zekkyou said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
DerNebel said:

It's not? I mean sure, if chart position are all you're looking at then maybe it's a good week for Nintendo but in actual sales I really don't see how this is a good week.

It's better than in weeks before Mario Kart 8 was released so it's better now and therefore it's not a bad week for Nintendo ;) And the 3DS is on first place and the WiiU does sell better in Japan as the PlayStation 4 ;)

That doesn't make their numbers good, it just means they did slightly less badly. The WiiU has already dropped to half what MK8 boosted it too (and will likley continue to drop), and the 3DS is down from 230k last year to 103k this year. I don't expect Nintendo are pleased.

Funny thing is though Sony's total hardware sales for this week are actually higher than Nintendo's :p Both are still awful.

You are really trying hard to see everything bad ;) The WiiU is selling better now and that's a fact so it's not a bad week for Nintendo, it's getting better for Nintendo :)

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Willem said:
The opening post has a slight mistake: The PS4 was leading in hardware sales with a slight margin, not the Xbox One

'Splain.  I copied the hardware numbers from the front page of VGC.  I don't see any differences between them & what's posted here.

And the PS4 is leading in hardware sales, by 35k.

I think he's just seeing the US numbers. PS4 is at 39k and XB1 at 38k

US, not NA.

Go Wii U! :D

Ninten78 said:
Go Wii U! :D

start hoping this is right or undertracked because this could be like another complete mistake again like may

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

TheDarkTriforce said:
Zekkyou said:

That doesn't make their numbers good, it just means they did slightly less badly. The WiiU has already dropped to half what MK8 boosted it too (and will likley continue to drop), and the 3DS is down from 230k last year to 103k this year. I don't expect Nintendo are pleased.

Funny thing is though Sony's total hardware sales for this week are actually higher than Nintendo's :p Both are still awful.

You are really trying hard to see everything bad ;) The WiiU is selling better now and that's a fact so it's not a bad week for Nintendo, it's getting better for Nintendo :)

The WiiU is doing better than previously, but still badly and dropping. The 3DS has dropped off compared to last year. Overall Nintendo are down pretty heavily from last year which, as you say, is a fact :)

Nintendo week ending Jun 15th 2013: 290k
Nintendo week ending Jun 14th 2014: 177k

See? Things have gotten a lot worse. Sony/MS are sitting at about the same sales as last year, but considering they just launched new consoles that's pretty bad too.

There is still time for things to improve, and hopefully VGc are under tracking everyone, but this particular week was dreadful for everyone compared to last year.

Wii U hold is decent, and those SW sales for MK8 are splendid

Also, did XBO get a Kinect-less SKU in EU too? Because those sales are terrible...