By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Free Videogame Downloads like youtube!

I just cant wait to move back to civilization, If truth be told I am the only one in town with a PS3 and a wii....NOBODY know swhat they are........It is a small town.hillbillies runnin rampant!

Around the Network

dpmnymkrprez:

well essentially you're saying you want free pirated games.  right?  

the Wii is an epidemic.

Lingyis said:

dpmnymkrprez:

well essentially you're saying you want free pirated games.  right?  

No, I was talking about technology/how far it has become, I know in some instances that out of date things have no copyright, besides I have a friend that has an old xbox, and he has emulator games on it.like a ton, he said his friend put a chip in it or something and there are all these old games on there for free.its crazy!

narj said:

My friend who lives in South America says nearly all stores in his city sell all 3 major consoles already chipped to play copies and buying them this way is often cheaper than going to official stores and buying an unchipped one! Then he buys games for $5 each, lucky *ucker!

The chipped Wii he recently bought was $350 /£175 and he got 10 games for it which cost him $50.

He has several hundred PS2 games many which he has never even played.

I suppose when you are paying the equivalent of £2.50 per game it isn't so important to get much play out of them.

As for virtual console games, you can already play nearly all the games on xbox live arcade for free using MAME and most Nintendo games from NES to N64 are playable on your PC using emulators.

I have over 1000 MAME roms, but it is nice to be able to compete with others on the Xbox live high score table which unfortunately the Wii doesn't have.

I livein argentina, insouth america lol.

and yes it is like that.

but i buy original games though.

edit: btw its worse to pirate games, because you end not enjoying them. because they are so cheap that all the games are boring. i know how that feels. that happened to me when i pirated the ps1.(on the ps1 days of course).

ben kenobi you are right systems are more expensive here. but for too main reasons:

-VAT in SA is very high.

-we dont have official distributors. so we have to import the systems from the US.

hereyou have some prices.

DSlite : 800 pesos(about 265 dollars)

PSP:1200 pesos(about 400 dollars)

wii: 1600 pesos(about 550 dolars)

ps3: i better not tell you this one.

thats why i only have  a GCN and a ds.

and ps3 games cost 120 dollars.

wii games between 70 and 100 dollars

and ds games between 40  and 80 dollars

WOW those prices are high!!!

Just to be clear, because I've had a couple people ask me. I myself don't know our policy on piracy, though as a standard, I will not allow anybody to post links to piracy/hacking/torrents/rom sites. Also, there will be no describing how to pirate a certain game, or instructions on various copyright-breaking techniques. It should go without saying, but someone found posting such information is looking at a ban. I actually enjoy these talks about piracy in other countries...it intrigues me how non-chalant many people are about getting a modchip on their console and paying $3 for a game that is supposed to be $50 for a reason.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

people download PC games all the time... Just <snip>

Mod note: Not that this isn't common knowledge but no specifics.

Nice tk1989, 20 mins after a mod says not to describe how to do it or you may get banned, you post how to do it. :)

BenKenobi88 said:
Just to be clear, because I've had a couple people ask me. I myself don't know our policy on piracy, though as a standard, I will not allow anybody to post links to piracy/hacking/torrents/rom sites. Also, there will be no describing how to pirate a certain game, or instructions on various copyright-breaking techniques. It should go without saying, but someone found posting such information is looking at a ban. I actually enjoy these talks about piracy in other countries...it intrigues me how non-chalant many people are about getting a modchip on their console and paying $3 for a game that is supposed to be $50 for a reason.

I feel manufacturers and sellers of CDs DVD and Games have taken advantage of the consumer for many many years and finally with the internet the consumer can give them an almighty punch to their bank balances.

i have no problem with paying a decent price for some games/CDs/DVDs but when you see them for a quarter of teh price a few months later it shows me how much they are really worth and I do not see why any company needs to make Millions or Billions of $s of profit each year when there are millions of people starving in the which they do not care of do anything about.

As for having to sell 500,000 copies of a game to make their money back in a PS3 release I don't give a rats arse if they lose money.

These companies make too much money for shareholders who care about themselves and very little about anyone else and I get fed up with yearly figures that X company made X million of $s in profit.

If I could steal every game, CD and DVD I ever wanted off the net, I would, without any guilt at all.

Well CDs I don't understand...those are dirt cheap and music stars don't need that much money.

DVDs I sort of understand...DVDS are still cheap, though movie costs certainly are high. If you expect to pay less than a dollar for a movie, then realistically there would be no Spiderman, Superman, Batman etc...it does cost a lot to make such good movies. Maybe $10 for new DVDs though?

And games I do understand...those cost a fair amount to make, and developers practically break even on a lot of games. Since they make multiple games, they usually make their money back, but if more games were pirated, many companies would lose money, and only the biggest developers would be able to hang on...not good for gamers...we want more games! Game developers don't make that much money compared to movies or music, and I think the $40-$50 price tag makes sense. When they drop the price "a few months later" (really, it's more like half a year to a year) it's not to a quarter of the price, it's more like half...and they're losing money on those.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )