By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Free Videogame Downloads like youtube!

dpmnymkrprez said:

Silly question but maybe you can help, If my memory on my wii starts to get full, are you saying that I can save my downloaded VC games on my memory card and download more and I am not limited??? If so how do I do this? or is it in the directions??

You can backup your games to an SD card (and from there to your computer). Those files are specific to your Wii, though, and cannot, as of now, be used on any other Wiis. Likewise, games downloaded from other Wiis cannot be used on your Wii, so that means no game sharing.

Game saves, whether from Wii or VC games, can also be backed up on an SD card, and can be shared. There are a couple of sites with some for download, just Google it.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

Very interesting, I wonder if the same is for India, the economy over there is booming, as a matter of fact I just turned down an offer over there but they have the money, i wonder if piracy is an issue there, and that is why they havent distributed/launched?
Ps is that true pirated games are like 1-5 bucks??? If that is true how many games does the average person own overseas??100 plus or more for each system??

i have more than 90 pirated games for the ps1. and never enjoyed that console.

i have 10 orinigal games for the GCN and i enjoyed 100000 times more than the ps1

KruzeS said:
omgwtfbbq said:
When you copy a VC game from an SD card to your Wii, the Wii sends a request to Nintendo HQ asking if you've bought this game.

Have you any proof it works this way, or is it just guess work? Cause I'm pretty sure you don't need to be connected to restore backups from SD.

nah no proof, I haven't put the effort into testing it but it's a theory I have for a couple of reasons:

1) too easy to modify the game on the SD card to be accepted on the Wii
2) I read in the manual that you may be required to be connected to the internet in order to copy games off your SD card

of course, this is complete guesswork,based on the way most DRM protected stuff works, as well as what I've gathered from other sources. Of course, since Nintendo have complete control over the hardware and the software that runs on it, they might have some extra safeguards. But it would still be possible to 'trick' your Wii into thinking it's bought stuff from the official VC (remember it's just a website) by forwarding traffic, I would guess.

I'm not sure how much of your download history is stored on your Wii and how much is stored on their servers, though. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!